Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Are Kragen lights the same as "Auto-Life" brand?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Please keep TW beautiful: search & stay on topic
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Are Kragen lights the same as "Auto-Life" brand?

Just after Christmas I found a set of "Auto-Life" brand HID fog lights on clearance at Norther tool; I bought a pair and then posted the details in the "Deals & Coupons" forum. They have since sold out. But I've now seen a few pictures of Kragen brand lights for sale on the forum, and they look almost identical; the only difference I can see is the Kragens have a red ring around the lens, mine do not. Here's a few pictures of my "Auto-Life" fogs out of the box, can someone verify if these look like they come from the same manufacturer?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i'd have to say so
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
i'd have to say so
Thanks. I looked at your build pictures...they sure do look like your Kragens, only smaller. I'm starting to feel a little better about the deal I got on those.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
SocalMGM is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
SocalMGM's Tacoma Gallery
There are many different manufacturers that make these "kragen" lights. I've seen several of them and the only major difference is the size of the housing and the kelvin temp. For the most part, the performance is the same.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
orbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really nice

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they are the same, a lot of diferent designs come from the same factories
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #6

BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
This is good to know. I had searched TW for "Auto Life" and didn't find anything about them, kinda felt like I was taking a gamble when I ordered them but figured I wasn't risking very much $ so why not give 'em a try. Glad I did.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
One of my Kragens I got in the group buy just stopped working...I'm probably SOL on that huh?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
SocalMGM is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
SocalMGM's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you could put a new HID kit in the housing and it will work fine.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
orbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really niceorbot is just really nice

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma831 View Post
One of my Kragens I got in the group buy just stopped working...I'm probably SOL on that huh?
No warranty??

How much did thoose auto lites cost guys
Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #10

BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbot View Post
No warranty??

How much did thoose auto lites cost guys
The "Auto Lifes" I bought on clearance at Northern Tool for $60. They have a 1 year warranty.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #11

orbot's Tacoma Gallery
Well you got a good deal there my friend...