black out lights or no?

View Poll Results: black out or no
black out all lights 142 48.14%
black out heads and fogs 83 28.14%
dont black any lights 70 23.73%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #81
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Well, our overtime is a traffic program. All I do is write tickets when doing traffic enforcement. Tinted tails, HIDs, head or tail lights out are all easy to see. Blacked out tails are harder to see, HIDs blind people more easily. Also, I have had felony arrests for drugs, arrests for warrants, etc off of trafic stops for light violations.

You can do what you want just be prepared for the ticket. I used to run no front plates on my sports cars and got some tickets for that.

I guess it depends where you live, ive been pulled over a couple times for the tails i just got out and pulled the covers off and the officer said "see you later" no ticket..

But to target peeps with HID's and tinted tails is just BS, about 5 my friends in town are cops they would just tell you to chill on that stuff, worry about the important things
Old 06-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #82
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
Are HIDs illegal in Texas? HIDS don't blind people. Any headlight will blind if not properly aligned.
Installing HID's in a vehicle that did not originally come with them is illegal. That being said, if the kit replaces both the light and the lens with a correctly shaped projection lens they probably aren't any more dangerous. That is, if they are also pointed correctly.

I thought about getting some since I do a fair bit of night driving, but I have personally chosen to use only 100% legal parts on my truck. In the end though. It's up to you.

Now, back to the actual discussion.

I think the color matched headlights look awesome. No mater if they are blue, white, or black. It gives the whole truck a more cohesive look IMO.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #83
sky1ine3 will become famous soon enoughsky1ine3 will become famous soon enough
sky1ine3's Tacoma Gallery
id say black head light ur front and tint tails
Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #84
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Or do what i did to my wifes truck... White out

White truck? This, FTW.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #85
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
Got a ticket for my old blacked out tails...just fyi
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #86
ornithology is on a distinguished road

ornithology's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #87
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
http://i46.tinypic.com/13zvj2e.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Do white!!