Notices

Finally finished LEDS - cupholders, console, and bed lights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #461
Master of All Things Groovy
Spicy taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
Spicy taco's Tacoma Gallery
So I was bored at work yesterday and read this entire thread. All 23 pages. And, as usual, I bought a metric shit-ton of LEDs yesterday afternoon. Last night I couldn't stand it so I ordered a 5M roll to do my bed.

Great write up OP and your truck kicks ass. I'd give my left testicle to have bought the white one beside mine when I was buying but it was a SB.

Thanks to the rest of you for ideas and info...not to mention contributing to my future bankruptcy! I gotta stop reading these things LOL!!

Thanks guys!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #462
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy taco View Post
So I was bored at work yesterday and read this entire thread. All 23 pages. And, as usual, I bought a metric shit-ton of LEDs yesterday afternoon. Last night I couldn't stand it so I ordered a 5M roll to do my bed.

Great write up OP and your truck kicks ass. I'd give my left testicle to have bought the white one beside mine when I was buying but it was a SB.

Thanks to the rest of you for ideas and info...not to mention contributing to my future bankruptcy! I gotta stop reading these things LOL!!

Thanks guys!

Nice.

Yeah this site has really fucked me over the years. LOL ..too much neat shit
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #463

No doubt. In one week I did a Satoshi, a light bar behind, BHLM, added 4 lights, tinted the taillights, blacked a set of emblems, and added a bull bar. That was between the camper shell, the Banks Monster, and a CAI. It's just a matter of time before my wife cancels our internet service.

Whew...thank God for the company iPhone!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #464
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah.....I got my lift, wheels, tires, and a few other things in between my divorce and my new girly so i got lucky there

Now with a one year old in the house it makes spending ANY extra $$$ on my truck that much more of a pain in tha ass.

These leds (from inside to the bed lights,wago clamps, etc.) altogether was probably $30 so that ain't nothing.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #465

I hear ya. At my house it's not so much about how much it just cost, it's more about how many times in one week the UPS guy shows up! It's always a good idea to have the little stuff shipped to your office!!

I'm lucky though. She really doesn't say much about it.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #466
Thirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shedThirteen20WRX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2005-2009, separated as O-3 after 4 years at Tinker AFB
Name: Joe
Thirteen20WRX's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you SpruceTaco and RAPR.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #467
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen20WRX View Post
Thank you SpruceTaco and RAPR.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #469
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post
So I went & checked when I took my break, it's the green & green/white wires. Green is + green/white is -.

Another bit wire of trivia: while I was adding lights in my dash yesterday (similar to SpruceTaco) I added some lighting to the console area.

Amazingly, Toyota used the same colored wires for the shift indicator light where I tapped in.

I even said stupidly out loud "hey look at that, green and green & white wires".
Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #470
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey TRD View Post
Another bit wire of trivia: while I was adding lights in my dash yesterday (similar to SpruceTaco) I added some lighting to the console area.

Amazingly, Toyota used the same colored wires for the shift indicator light where I tapped in.

I even said stupidly out loud "hey look at that, green and green & white wires".
It never dawned on me to splice in there but I needed to take out the hvac controls to do those led's anyway.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #471
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
subd! I was gonna do this mod next week and had trouble finding LEDs that would work. I didn't know it was already done on TW haha thanks for the write up OP!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #472
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Added a single 5mm LED above each door pocket.

Only down side is that they turn on with the ignition because they're wired into the power window wiring.

(Can't seem to take good pictures with flash off - oh well)

LED placement in right rear door panel:

LED placement in right rear door panel (from back):

What it looks like going back together:
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #473
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:

Only down side is that they turn on with the ignition because they're wired into the power window wiring.

Nice. I was going to do one in this area also. I'm gonna wait till spring to do more.

Looks awesome.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #474

Quote:
Nice. I was going to do one in this area also. I'm gonna wait till spring to do more.

Looks awesome.
Thanks,

You can't tell from the photos, but the lights are tucked far enough under the door panel that you cannot directly see the LED while driving - so it's not a distraction at all.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #475
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Thanks,

You can't tell from the photos, but the lights are tucked far enough under the door panel that you cannot directly see the LED while driving - so it's not a distraction at all.

Perfect. That's my main thing when I install these.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #476
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Above the door pocket is a good idea . I was thinking one in the door handle opening too . Maybe a baby 3mm led .

Damn my list of led placements is growing . Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #477
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Toy85 View Post
Above the door pocket is a good idea . I was thinking one in the door handle opening too . Maybe a baby 3mm led .

Damn my list of led placements is growing . Lol

Yeah I have tons of spots but just haven't had time to get to it.

I was going to put 3 or 4 on the backside of my grill to give the grill a little green glow but haven't gotten to it yet either.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #478
BRUCEB is on a distinguished road
BRUCEB's Tacoma Gallery
What color works best?White or red?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #479
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

LED placement in right rear door panel:

I did this, but put them in the cupholders. its sweet
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #480
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUCEB View Post
What color works best?White or red?

For what?

Whatever color you want for wherever you want works best.

Products Discussed in this Thread