Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck! Keep us posted!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #42
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
why not put it between the 12v outlets? there should be tons of space behind it
Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #43
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
why not put it between the 12v outlets? there should be tons of space behind it

Thats a PERFECT spot, but I didnt want to dismantle the dash. I'm trying to work around that...lol. I might say fuck it and do that anyhow.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #44
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my cell phone charger has an LED on it and it's stupid bright i just aim it down into the cubby and it works pretty well but i def want some more light in the truck. I'm thinking about getting some of those LED strips and puttying them under the door cubby so when i open the door it lights up the ground
Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #45
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my cell phone charger has an LED on it and it's stupid bright i just aim it down into the cubby and it works pretty well but i def want some more light in the truck. I'm thinking about getting some of those LED strips and puttying them under the door cubby so when i open the door it lights up the ground
Mine too. It has a blue eye on it thats bright as hell and I have to aim it down. Thats what gave me the idea for an led in there.

I have lights under my truck to light the ground at night. Works great for camping and wandering towards it in the dark.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #46

holy shit thats a lot of light
Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #47
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
holy shit thats a lot of light

I hate being an LED whore.....damn...should be an LEDWA (Light Emitting Diode Whores Anonymous??) meeting i should be attending somewhere
Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #48
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Love it man!! Do u have a street glow kit underneath??
Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #49

I need to add some rock lights to the under carriage some waterproof LEDs would be awesome in a soft white
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #50
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Love it man!! Do u have a street glow kit underneath??

Yeah. vminnovations on EBAY is a badass company...i've bought 4 kits from them. I had a white kit for the bed of my truck but decided to do the LED ribbon instead. i bought the remote control kit from them that i'm going to use for my bed lights.

I also have an LED scanner I put in the scoop.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #51
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I need to add some rock lights to the under carriage some waterproof LEDs would be awesome in a soft white

Same stuff i'm getting for the bed of my truck!!! Will work underneath also
Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #52
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
After doing this LED mod I FORGOT TO DO MY DAMN GLOVE BOX!!!!

I just realized that yesterday.

I might just leave it alone. Only thing I have mounted in there is my PS2 and it's easy to get to.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm putting cash together on the side to do a big led project. I'm planning on bed lights, map and dome bulbs, a couple in the center console, a couple in front of the shifter, a strip in the hood scoop, and a strip or two behind the grillcraft grilles in my truck.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #54
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I'm putting cash together on the side to do a big led project. I'm planning on bed lights, map and dome bulbs, a couple in the center console, a couple in front of the shifter, a strip in the hood scoop, and a strip or two behind the grillcraft grilles in my truck.

I thought about a strip or two to light up my grill.

My LED scanner in the scoop is for when I'm sittin somehwere, i dont light it up while driving but all the other shit is lit up at night while driving.

My hood scoop write up: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-switches.html
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #55
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
I thought about a strip or two to light up my grill.

My LED scanner in the scoop is for when I'm sittin somehwere, i dont light it up while driving but all the other shit is lit up at night while driving.

My hood scoop write up: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-switches.html
Awesome I'll post pics after I get around to doing it
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #56
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Did the Glovebox just now. I only used 1 LED instead of 2 because its a small place and these are wide angle LED's. I'll look at it when it gets dark.

Now I gotta figure out lighter area cubby!

I opened the glovebox and dropped it down, then unscrewed the 10MM bolt and popped out 2 clips and took out the upper thingy that is above glovebox.

Drilled 1/4" hole (drill bit grabbed onto the thin plastic like crazy so the hole was a tad bit too big. I put a small piece of electricians tape over each side of hole, razor bladed a cross in the tape and put the LED holder in thru the front and put LED into holder from the back.

Comes out almost flush....doesnt matter cause you will never see it (but still badass).

Ran wires to underneath center console where all other LED's are hooked up and then hooked up this LED and put the upper part back in - popped two "clips" back in then screwed 10mm bolt back in

Turned it on!!!!

Hooked my Playstation back up -

Put up sunshades to try to get some darkness -

You get the idea
Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #57
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Definitely doing this. All of it. Been planning on doing bed lights for over, as well as lights in my tool box, cup holders, center console, glove box, under 12v, and under my hood.

That 16 foot strip you posted the ebay link for looks like a good deal. I'm guessing its cutable?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #58
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Definitely doing this. All of it. Been planning on doing bed lights for over, as well as lights in my tool box, cup holders, center console, glove box, under 12v, and under my hood.

That 16 foot strip you posted the ebay link for looks like a good deal. I'm guessing its cutable?

Yeah...every 3 leds you can cut. I'm running all 16 feet under the rails without cutting. Guessing here - but around the rails is about 14 feet i think. I might have to cut a little off but I'm not sure. Will mock it up when it gets here.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #59
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Yeah...every 3 leds you can cut. I'm running all 16 feet under the rails without cutting. Guessing here - but around the rails is about 14 feet i think. I might have to cut a little off but I'm not sure. Will mock it up when it gets here.
If it was me, I would try cutting it and using the least amount I could, then you have a ton left over for other applications, like under the hood.

Products Discussed in this Thread