Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Finally finished LEDS - cupholders, console, and bed lights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Finally finished LEDS - cupholders, console, and bed lights

Now I can finally see shit at night!!!

The shit:

4 different LEDS run thru the center console and tucked in wire loom and ready for install...

Wires ran to the WAGO's and then cleaned up with ZIP ties and ready for center console to go in then PLUG n PLAY:

Now cupholders are done:

Done installing the shit:

Took the hoodscoop apart:

Got light put in and got the scoop back on the truck:

To find an opening without cutting or poking, I put an LED flashlight in the engine bay pointed at the boot, then I got inside the truck and saw the light shining thru a small opening. I pushed the wire thru and it was perfect! I taped other wires to the red power wire and drug them thru with no problems or hangups.

Ran wires from hoodscoop thru the hood down into some wireloom:

Excellent ground for all this shit:

Bought 2 of these http://www.oznium.com/scion-switch-led
1 for the scanner and the other one for the LED's under my foot wells and under both seats.

They are for a Scion but they fit AMAZING and look factory. I had to take a razor blade and shave off the left side plastic in the hole. Then they went in perfect.

DONE! Now for the finished "RICE":

Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man. Cool ambient lighting, and what looks to be a clean job.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and S.O.A....FTW!!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
does the center console just pull out after you take the upholders and the two screws out?
Looks good BTW I like it!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
NICE! Are they switched independently or just off the dash lights?
thank you..... They are on an Oznium toggle switch with the LEDs that are under the dash and under the seats... All 11 leds come on with a flick of a switch. My led bed lights are next...i have them just haven't done it yet.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
does the center console just pull out after you take take the upholders and the two screws out?
Looks good BTW I like it!
Take out cup holder, unscrew 2 screws, then........ Open console, gently stick small flathead screwdriver...i used one for my sunglasses..... And pull up the carpet piece thats at bottom of center console... Under that is 2 10mm bolts... Take those out and it pulls right up.... Easy easy....it also allowed me to clean all down in between seats
Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
"GO DUCKS" Edition

If anyone needs details or info or pics.... Let me know. It was a fun as hell project. IM a neat freak so it all came out extra clean.......i might put more lights somewhere..i got 5 more. I got some night pics to.... Ill post later
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
i have this done also i have all blue. cup holders under dash under the rear seats and in a few different places all on a lighted led toggle!! looks sick i have a few crappy pics in my profile
Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
Oh, and S.O.A....FTW!!

Best show on tha mutha fuckin planet
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cverneau View Post
Which LED's are those and did you use holders or bushings for them?? They don't look loke they stick out very far which is what I'm looking for.
They are ridiculously flush...i was way impressed how they barely stick out. I got 5mm wide angle leds... With holders. I got links to this stuff if needed.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
When I ordered my LEDs from them they didn't send me the little black led holders! I need to get some so I can finish mine
Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
"GO DUCKS" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
When I ordered my LEDs from them they didn't send me the little black led holders! I need to get some so I can finish mine
they make a huge difference.... Radio shack 5 of em for $1 n change
Old 01-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm thinking red for my truck can you post links to where you got the lights please:
Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
was it hard and have you done anything like this before.. I would love to do something like this but have no experience with electrical type stuff
Old 01-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
I'm thinking red for my truck can you post links to where you got the lights please:
he posted radio shack dude
Old 01-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #19

He said he got the holder at Radioshack nothing about the lights them selves.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
"GO DUCKS" Edition

When I get to work Monday morning ...i will post up everything I used with links, tips, and what to buy.....

For those asking about "was it easy" .... Yeah... I've been hooking up stereo systems, lighting,etc....and blah blah since high school but....... This shit is easy for a beginner and I can walk you thru it..... It was fun as fuck to do actually.... Those WAGO clamps are money for wiring.... They kick ass and make it easier than it already is.....i got LEDs, holders,WAGO clamps,etc for awesome pricing........... All this I did was around $20 total and an hour n half of time....... More info for ya'll Monday.

Products Discussed in this Thread