Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Bed lights

Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Bed lights

I am doing a bed light mod, and I have a question.... would you go round or square?
I will only use one light, at the back of the bed near cab, drivers side, in front of the hi-lift jack. Attached to the driverside bed rail.
The light will have the military black-out, so the person standing at the tailgate isn't blinded. I am planning on using Hella's, w/black housing, black for the black-out, and all black mounting hardware.
Let me know what you all think.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go rectangular, but I'd rather use two smaller lights than 1 big one.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go the LED route with multiple bulbs from different directions, so that the shadows are reduced.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Never thought of that, going to look into it. Plus see what other people think.
There are some LEDs that can be very bright. I'd try to get a wide angle and a diffuser and you should be set.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
here are some

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I plan to install a few of these under the bedrails, probably just two on each side to start with. Have a pin switch in the tailgate and an override in the cab. Crappy pic in the link but the description gives you the idea
http://www.oznium.com/waterproof-marine-leds
is that the place you got your rock lights?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Recantagular lights are nice for the bed alot of light thats what im running.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
This is my next mod to my truck, I am going the cheap route and just putting some fog/driving lights in the two cubby holes in the bed (like PB did a few years back on his truck). Glad I say this thread I will be buying square lights now. Thanks guys!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I am not too happy with Oznium.com right now. I ordered 2 switches from them on eBay, and I have not heard anything from them!

I have emailed them twice in the past week, and haven't gotten a reply!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
That sucks! I bought mine straight from the website (not EBay) but the outcome should be the same... or you would think so. The LED puck lights I bought where not in stock but they let me know and once they came in they shipped that day. No issues.
Well... I just contacted them through their website. Hopefully I will hear from them today.

Back on the original post: If Oznium gets on the ball with these switches, I plan on putting a pair of white Cold Cathode tubes on either side of my tonneau cover rails, and putting them to one of my new switches. The other switch will control my DRLs.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Silverback07 i do have my lights to a switch next to the other switches i have what i like about these lights they cost 17 bucks at walmart and comes with everything but what i had done is put it on a relay and had to run longer wires to the back i will probably switch the color to yellow it shows up better when your in the desert and someone is following you,you dont want to blind whos behind you.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I like these lights...mount 1 on each side of the bed and you'd be set...
http://www.oznium.com/oval-led-lamp
Old 12-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'd go the LED route with multiple bulbs from different directions, so that the shadows are reduced.
+1... Ebay has some pretty cheap
Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com

So heres my pic of my lights.

Heres my switches the top is the back lights and the bottom is for my hid's very bottom hella's