Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Third Brake light with Cargo light

Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
skammer is on a distinguished road
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
Third Brake light with Cargo light

Does anyone know of a good third brake light that has a cargo light built into it? I would love to replace my third light with one, so that I can check my cargo area while driving at night periodically. I am having a hard time finding one for the Taco. Lost of them for Chevy and Ford though.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
i'd love to find this also. That's one of my only complaints about the trucks design.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Great Minds think alike!
I looked on-line & found nothing.
I thought when I get some time, I'd hit-up a wrecking yard & find something.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
i know some of the 1st gen tundras came with a cargo light dont know about the difference in size compared to a tacoma...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
did u search for bedlight mod?
u may like this idea.
I don't like the bedlight mod because of how low it is, useless If your load is higher than the bed rails... Plus on the third brake light it would light up the surroundings better
Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
That's it! I'm going to do my best to go check-out some 3rd brake lights/cargo lights from the wrecking yard 2morrow. I have time-off, so it 's the wrecking yard then go play some poker! Oh yeah, & find some gray carpet to finish the custom sub too.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
skammer is on a distinguished road
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. I searched and searched, but only found lights for bigger trucks like the Tundra. I don't really like the bed lights idea though. Sometimes I have a load stacked too high for those lights.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
I'll look at my dads tundras cargo light tomorrow and see if it looks like it might fit our trucks. I can't stand trying to unload my stuff at deer camp at night without a cargo lamp
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #10
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skammer View Post
Does anyone know of a good third brake light that has a cargo light built into it? I would love to replace my third light with one, so that I can check my cargo area while driving at night periodically. I am having a hard time finding one for the Taco. Lost of them for Chevy and Ford though.
http://shop.4zproducts.com/products/...ic-cargo-light

I saw this the other day. Looked interesting, although it is not exactly what you are looking for.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
notslow is on a distinguished road
notslow's Tacoma Gallery
did the tundra light fit?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
its not a cargo light but if you go to www.inprocarwear.com they have a mega light that might help
Old 12-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
I am thinking about using these. maybe get 2 38" strips to run down either side of the bed and put a switch in the cab for them.
http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-marine-strips
Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
dbkonkle is on a distinguished road
dbkonkle's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't looked to see if this is even possible, but how about installing some led's into the original light housing? Would have to get some higher output led's, but it could work if the led's are bright enough and there is enough space to mount them.

Right now I just use my Surefire sitting on a stocking cap on the roof when it's too dark to see clearly.

David