Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Replacing Amber Running Lights

Old 02-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Paintslinger is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Paintslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing Amber Running Lights

Replacing the Daytime Running Lights isn't rocket science. But when I attempted to remove mine, they were fused in so tight, they wouldn't remove. I managed to finally work it free, but I did so at the risk of busting the lamp and embedding glass in my fingers. I went the dealer for replacements, but they wouldn't go in. Same problem: tight as a gnat's ass. I finally managed to seat the lamps, but now they shake loose failing to work. I guess the factory added something to them to get them to stick OR my lamp removal loosened the works making it impossible to simply replace them.

Has anyone had such a dilemma and would one think that rubber cement or Locktite would aid in keeping these boogers seated in their sockets?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Mine were snug coming out and going back in , seems odd they would be loose going back in , sure you got the correct bulb replacements ?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Marines:
TT,
They were the correct lamps. The dealer sold them to me. Another point I failed to mention is that the plastic outer lens and the socket were both singed from the heat. Thanks for your input. At least at this point I don't feel this is an isolated case of lousy luck.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Marines:
Buffoonery! I have the dealer involved in this now. They stated that they didn't have the lamps in stock because they had never had to replace them. I have 105,000 miles on the Taco and ordered when they first came out. I will post what happens as the parts will be in this week. Maybe someone else reading this thread can learn from my mishaps.