Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

super messy h.i.d.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
hitaco is on a distinguished road
hitaco's Tacoma Gallery
super messy h.i.d.

just bought a H-4 hi/lo 6000k h.i.d. kit and i have no idea where to put the ballast and the wires. could someone show me where they put their ballast and how they wired it all so that it is not messy. thanks.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Un-plug the light bulb from the socket, than remove it from the housing.
save up the old bulb.
than take the HID bulb out, be-careful do not touch the glass, if you do, use some paper towel to clean it.
On the rubber gasket, I will make two holes on it, so you can pull the wire out from the bulb,
Than connect the ballast to the HID bulb wire, than hook up the OEM head light wire to the relay harness.
On the realy harness, one end will go to the the battery +, the other end find a good gounding place under the hook, I believe you will find a gounding points above the wheel, with a nuts on it, make the connection there.
Than connect the relay harness to the HID ballast,
The ballast you can use some tie-wrap, tie it down some where, where you feel safe. The wire do the same just use tie wrap tie it with the other cable, make it look nice. It should be a 5 - 10 minutes job to tie everything down.
total I use about half hours to make a good & nice HID job.
Also one suggestion, go to Auto zone or any auto parts store, get a battery terminal extension, i think it is not more than 5 dollars.
hope you make it work.

if you want some photos, I can take some for you tomorrow. Let me know.
Hope this help.