1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

super messy h.i.d.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by hitaco, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Dec 5, 2008 at 8:25 PM
    hitaco

hitaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    wahiawa
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma
    Dual exhaust flowmasters 40 series, H.I.D. projection kit 6000 black out tint, black wheel mod, dome and map light L.E.D. cool white ^_^
    just bought a H-4 hi/lo 6000k h.i.d. kit and i have no idea where to put the ballast and the wires. could someone show me where they put their ballast and how they wired it all so that it is not messy. thanks.

2. Dec 5, 2008 at 10:41 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    Un-plug the light bulb from the socket, than remove it from the housing.
    save up the old bulb.
    than take the HID bulb out, be-careful do not touch the glass, if you do, use some paper towel to clean it.
    On the rubber gasket, I will make two holes on it, so you can pull the wire out from the bulb,
    Than connect the ballast to the HID bulb wire, than hook up the OEM head light wire to the relay harness.
    On the realy harness, one end will go to the the battery +, the other end find a good gounding place under the hook, I believe you will find a gounding points above the wheel, with a nuts on it, make the connection there.
    Than connect the relay harness to the HID ballast,
    The ballast you can use some tie-wrap, tie it down some where, where you feel safe. The wire do the same just use tie wrap tie it with the other cable, make it look nice. It should be a 5 - 10 minutes job to tie everything down.
    total I use about half hours to make a good & nice HID job.
    Also one suggestion, go to Auto zone or any auto parts store, get a battery terminal extension, i think it is not more than 5 dollars.
    hope you make it work.

if you want some photos, I can take some for you tomorrow. Let me know.
    Hope this help.

Products Discussed in

To Top