Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

RI light bar inserted in lower grill

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
RI light bar inserted in lower grill

My local 4x4 shop suggested I install a rigid industries 40" (I think that's the size) in the lower grill space. Anyone see his done before.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
It's been done.Think they were 30" though.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
TacoTacoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
TacoTacoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a 30" for that very purpose, but ending up getting a ARB bumper. Glad I did, as it is an expensive light to not protect. The stock bumper cover would not do much for protection.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
docjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura about

docjake's Tacoma Gallery
taco, can you take some more pictures of how your light bar is installed? Does it fit flush between those uprights? Would you be able to mount it flush but lower? Is it that high because it is mounted on the top cross bar?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
sydwayz04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
sydwayz04's Tacoma Gallery
sub... this is what i want to do ...30" rigid bar in lower part of grill, when i do it i want to fab a few sets of brackets so if anyone else wants them they are already done... i think it would look nice tucked in there
Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjake View Post
taco, can you take some more pictures of how your light bar is installed? Does it fit flush between those uprights? Would you be able to mount it flush but lower? Is it that high because it is mounted on the top cross bar?
I will take some pics later. I made some mounts out of aluminum flat bar, and they attatch to the up rights. The Lightbar is a really tight fit. I put it up high for cleanest install, best light output, and to leave the best access for the soon to be winch. I will say one thing, it would be really difficult to steal it, as it is a tetris puzzle getting it in there. You could mount it lower if you wanted. All of the Rigid mounts will not work on the ARB bumper with the 30" light, I tried.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
docjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura about

docjake's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you any pictures would be helpful.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd thinkin about doing the same thing......
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Showin' HAWG how it's done!
ApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant future

Army: AH-64D Apache Pilot
Name: Z
ApacheDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
sub'd thinkin about doing the same thing......
+1
Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjake View Post
Thank you any pictures would be helpful.
Here are a few mounting pics.
Sorry if the pics don't show well, shot and posted with my phone. I still need to remove the brackets I made and paint them black.
Attached Thumbnails
RI light bar inserted in lower grill-imageuploadedbytapatalk1330294737.887067.jpg   RI light bar inserted in lower grill-imageuploadedbytapatalk1330294760.653152.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlett18 View Post
I put a 20" in just last week.
That looks awesome, do you have any pics of how bright it is in front of the truck?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlett18 View Post
I put a 20" in just last week.
Awesome. I am thinking about doing that. Now I am trying to find a roof rack that I can mount the bar onto.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTacoTaco View Post
I bought a 30" for that very purpose, but ending up getting a ARB bumper. Glad I did, as it is an expensive light to not protect. The stock bumper cover would not do much for protection.

Thats looks cool
Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
sydwayz04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
sydwayz04's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass.... and great pic's thanks helps a lot guess i gotta order mine now, thanks:-)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
ApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant future

Can I ask someone a favor? I'm deployed otherwise I'd just go in the garage and measure this myself but...

What are the dimensions of the entire lower grill opening (HxW)? Trying to find out how long of a light bar I can get...

Thanks!

@ Barrett - Your bar looks good man!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
3' 1" x 3"
Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
3' 1" x 3"
Dayum!! That was quick! Thanks man
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheDriver View Post
Dayum!! That was quick! Thanks man
No problem. 30 inch bar with a dually on each side would be bad ass.

btw keep in mind the actual bar it self might be more around 32 inches when all said and done.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #20

Roger

The bar I'm looking at is 31.11" long. Gonna have to fab a mount plate when I get home.