Raptor Light Mod

Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
DIVERMAN is on a distinguished road

Name: Cullen
DIVERMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Any night shots? Great work as well. Thinking about doing this to my Satoshi
not yet, tried to get some on my phone but they didn't come out clear. they look WAY better in person, much brighter (day and night). i will try with my camera and post a shot up.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
having trouble with this on my first gen bc of the hood release...any ideas?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
Pics?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
can't remember what the 1gen hood latch looks like, but on mine, i had the option of releasing through the grill or between the hood and grill. i had to cut off the part that lets you release through the grill b/c of the angle iron. hope that helps. i will try and get a pic up tomorrow. and a night pic!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVERMAN View Post
can't remember what the 1gen hood latch looks like, but on mine, i had the option of releasing through the grill or between the hood and grill. i had to cut off the part that lets you release through the grill b/c of the angle iron. hope that helps. i will try and get a pic up tomorrow. and a night pic!
yeah, same issue. I am considering cutting the release part off or bending it upward somehow.

I am fine with just moving the release from between the top of the grille and the hood, like the satoshi boys do.

I need to get larger angle iron to finish my project, but the LED's are nice!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Ha looks good!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
KCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Retired
Name: Keith
KCin HBCA's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what I did to mine... LEDs from superbright LEDs and some hot glue!
Attached Thumbnails
Raptor Light Mod-grill-lights-1.jpg   Raptor Light Mod-grill-lights-2.jpg  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #30
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
You know I'm undecided with this mod. I like it. It looks wicked cool. These damn trucks! There are so many cool mods that I just don't know what to do next! And the price of F@$&!#G fuel is really taxing my mod budget! But looks great. Good Job OP
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan76 View Post
You know I'm undecided with this mod. I like it. It looks wicked cool. These damn trucks! There are so many cool mods that I just don't know what to do next! And the price of F@$&!#G fuel is really taxing my mod budget! But looks great. Good Job OP
i hear you on the budget. this wasn't too bad, $26 for the lights (had to buy 4 to get 3- $13 for two) and $8 for the angle. time to do it was free.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
DC TRD MallRunner

Got the "raptor mod" done on my first gen!
Thanks for the write-up!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
looks great, awesome mod
Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #36
kd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8bao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Henry
kd8bao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1989 View Post
Just did mine what do you think????

Nice!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #37
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
is there a reason to this or just for looks?
Ford had to add these lights by law. Other people are doing it for looks.

All vehicles 80 inches or wider are required by US D.O.T. to have 3 identification lights which must be centered, evenly spaced and level. Identification lights are typically only on commercial trucks and trailers They must be amber in the front and red in the rear. Ford found some clever places to hide them. In the front grill and in the rear 3rd brake light.

I guess if you have a LT truck and you are over 80 inches wide you can add these to make your truck legal.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Added lights the front of mine yesterday.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys on this. I went for the WHITE LED version on my SATOSHI.

Big Thanks to Ryan, Rod, Julio today in making it a fun mini mod. I'm stoked over this small addition. Now waiting for my new "TOYOTA" Emblems from B.A.M.F to complete the Satoshi. . .

I will add some new LEDS when I get my Glass

Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #40
TX TRD is on a distinguished road
TX TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great mod everyone... here is mine... i bought these from http://utility-truck-parts.com/three...mmet.php?cat=9

let me know what you think