1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worried about your Expensive Off-Road Lights? <Cheap Solution!>

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RAD, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Feb 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    RAD

RAD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    I was looking into buying those Expensive Light Force Anti Theft 10mm Security nuts but they want $35+tax for a set of 2!:eek: I know its worth it in the end but dam. I'd need 2 sets and thats over $70. . .

So I began searching and looking for a cheaper alternative.

Well, I've found it and its a much cheaper but same effective solution.

I picked up 6 Anti Theft locking 10mm nuts that will secure 5 light prongs for $36 shipped. I would've ONLY gotten 4 light prongs for $70+

I needed 3 Security Nuts just for my LED light bar and 1 for my Rear Dust Lamp. 1 each on my DTRL LEDs. So I can be a little more secure with leaving my expensive lights out in the public.

I wanted to pass this on to my fellow TW members looking for a better solution to secure those lights.

Ebay Item #400065313146
    Title = Anti Theft Security Nuts M10(10mm)

Anti Theft Security Nuts M10(10mmx1.5)for auxiliary light
    Item # 09080101

Description:
    If you are worried about the security of your driving lights on your vehicle then these security nuts are the answer to your problems.
    Quality driving lamps can cost a few hundred dollars ad can be stolen very quickly and easily by anyone with a spanner, wrench or socket set.
    The security nuts are made of 1008 case-hardened steel.
    All nuts are plated .0002"-.005" with chloride zinc and yellow chromate,and case-hardened .003-.008 to RC55-60
    How they work...
    You'll need a 7/8"open-end wrench or adjustable wrench.Wise-grip can also be used.
    Step 1
    Install nut # 1 finger-tight
    Step 2
    Install nut # 2 upside down so it is 3/4 turn away from nut # 1.This nut holds the wrench onto the # 1 nut ( see picture ).
    Step 3
    Insert wrench between the two nuts, then tighten.
    Step 4
    When tight, remove nut # 2 and save it for the next fastening.

It is important not jam the nuts together,since they'll be difficult to fasten and remove.

For one light you need TWO nuts, for two lights you need THREE nuts....for four light you need FIVE nuts.

Shipping cost to United States and Canada
    - FREE shipping ( no tracking, no insurance).
    - $15.00 for first 5 nuts ( with tracking and insurance ).

International shipping cost
    - $10.00 ( no tracking, no insurance ) ( max. 6 nuts or contact the seller )
    Price: $6.00 for ONE nut

Check the Ebay Item to see the pictures of the nuts and how they work. Very similar to the Expensive Light Force version. . .

Hope this helps someone!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top