1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Center Console Back Removal

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TRD Larry, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Has anyone removed the back from the front center console. I have searched and can't find pictures or removal descriptions. I figure the back is held on by clips, but before I start prying and pulling I would ask first. If someone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.
    I want to put a led in the back cup holder and a accent led in the vent at the bottom of the console back.

2. Feb 24, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry [OP] trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Thanks for the info. I was able to pull out the center console. What I'm trying to do now is remove the back panel from the console if it even comes off. I want to put a led in the rear cup holder.

3. Sep 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    apoteker

apoteker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB O/R debadged
    JBL/Entune Touchscreen Navigation with speed sensor override mod, JBL Speaker refit, debadged, chime removed, overhead led mod, switch LED mod, rear cupholder LED mod, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket #339, Custom Cobra CB install, Iggy Switch panel, OEM Katzkin leather seats, Seat heaters, Illuminated 4runner 4WD switch, 4runner side mirrors (heated, turnsignals, puddle lamps), husky x-act fit floor mats, climate control knob upgrade, air injection pump filter mod, underhood LED light mod, KB Voodoo bike bar
    it does come off, just pull gently after seperating the bottom tabs

4. Sep 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Lol... If you remove the center console the back panel just pulls right off

Products Discussed in

To Top