Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Foglight Anytime Materials Question...

Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Foglight Anytime Materials Question...

I've read up on the Foglight anytime mod and it seems fairly straightforward. However, as I am far from an electrical guru, I need to ask these probably simple questions.

I see the materials list in the write up, but I don't see a description. For instance...is there a certain gauge wire I should be using? Are the spade connectors and quick splices all universal or is there a size I should be looking for at radio shack?

Sorry for the newbish questions, but electrical things are over my head.

TIA
Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I used a 14g wire (6inches), got one of those taps that can add on to a wire without cutting it ( I call them vampire taps, not sure the real name but you can put it around the main wire and add your second wire, pinch it closed and it will do the trick, they sell them at autozone), and one connector (red) for the relay.

Always disconnect your battery before you do electrical.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Thanks man, I'll definitely take that advice.