Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2012 TACOMA FOG LIGHTS BLINGLIGHTS

Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
TJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TIM
TJGARZA84's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TACOMA FOG LIGHTS BLINGLIGHTS

BLINGLIGHTS BLING LIGHTS 2012 FOG LIGHTS AUTOMATCENTRAL.COM

This review was posted by me on another thread but felt it needed its own thread so other can know how these lights actually are.

Also im in no way affiliated with this company just wanted to share with others my experience. Hope it helps.

OK FIRST REVIEW HERE WE GO:

So i puchased this kit on ebay: we have all seen the links to the "Blinglights" kit for our 2012 trucks.Well i of course decided to give it a try and buy it. Afterall the price was more them reasonable considering the dealer wanted over $400.00 plus install(crazy).

Well after purchasing it and only waiting a few days for it to arrive i finally received it and immediately opened it up.

Opening the box: Kits actually not bad, plug and play really.The lights themselves and the housing are real solid the wiring is nice and have decent connectors.In all honesty the only bad was maybe the switch.Im sure the switch would do the job but looks weak and kinda cheesy.

Well after removing the plugs that my truck came with from factory i was able to take a look inside the are were the fog lights went and after really looking at the kit and the mounts was kinda skeptical of how they were gonna mount and if i was even going to like the results of the whole install.

What did i have to lose right.Kit wasnt expensive and worst case scenario i could just put the plugs in and take it as a loss.

I really wish i would of had more pics or even better qualify for you all but i was not really expecting to do a how to or even a review on these things.But figured a few 2012 guys would find it helpful.

here is my truck with the grill removed. some people choose to remove the bumper but i figured the grill and lights were going to be my best bet.

I basically put the lights were i felt they would be flush and then taped them up from the outside using a few strips of clear tape so they wont move and began to figure out how i was going to mount them.
No pictures sorry.
But once i was able to see them from the back i figured doesnt look bad at all and with my drill began to drill to holes were the screw for the mounts would need to be placed and simply drilled the screws in. It was not easy getting my drill in there but i managed. and after i drilled to small holes where the screws would go i was easily able to use a screw driver to screw in the 2 screws that were provided to mounts the light.

Here are a few pictures of behind the light to show how easily they mount.

The light on the passenger side basically has a long connector which goes straight to the drivers side light and is perfect in length and easily hidden.
Pics might seem confusing but its basically theway i routed the wiring through a bracket that is in front on the radiator and secured it with some zip ties.

And to be fair on hest with everyone reading this i actually did not use the switch that was provided. i actually chose to wiring them direct with my hid (headlights). So basically when i turn my headlights on the foglights come on as well.

The light also has a small blue light inside of the housing that can either be switched from the fog light to the blue light. I chose to have them both on at the same time and ran it all direct straight to the headlight wiring.So once again no switch was used.

Here are random shot of how the lights look after install.

Final review:

Im happy. 9/10. Great price. You even get a free hat. Wiring and housing is very sturdy and secure.Fit is great.I would recommend the kit to anyone with a 2012.

So why a 9 and not a 10. switch is cheesy looking and mounting tabs could possibly be a bit better but work and get the job done.And final reason for it getting a 9 out of 10. Its simply not factory.

Get the kit and enojoy these lights.Like i said you truly have nothing to lose and it makes the truck look more complete obviously.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Pics with lights on?
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
TJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i should have known -- lol.... give me a few minutes guys.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Taken minutes ago and have been on my truck for a week allready.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not too shabby. What's the blue light look like?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
you can barely tell but its actually on - doesnt really do much to be honest
Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #7

They look good, and they are a lot cheaper than the dealer. I say rock the hell out of them
Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
destro is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
destro's Tacoma Gallery
Using the OEM Plug

The lights look sharp...thanks for building the confidence in the Blinglights kit. A question...I know you wired these direct to the HID, but could you have just pluged these into the factory plug for the fogs and then added the relay and switch?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
to be honest Ive never had a Tacoma with factory fog lights so I don't know how the switch looks. I could only assume it's a standard on/off type switch. Which could work with the blinglights kit but remember the blinglights fog lights have a regular bulb for the actual lights And also a custom blue light as well. The switch that the kit comes with is a 3 way rocker style so when you push it up the fog lights come and when you push it down the blue blights come on and then of course in the middle is the off position. So the factory switch could be used for either the fog light or the blue light or you could "tee" the lights off kinda like I did and have them both on at the same time. Hopefully my explanation was somewhat useful. Any more questions I can answer I will try my best.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
Fire meathead is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: NICHOLAS
Fire meathead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the post. I just ordered the kit, hopefully it goes as smooth as your install went.

Just installed the Blinglights. Mounting the lenses was a pain in the ass due to the lack of space to work with but finally got the lights mounted. I then connected all the wiring which was super easy even for a meathead like myself. Pulling the switch wires through the fire wall was what took the longest actually. The wiring truly is plug n play. The wiring also cleans up real neat with just a few zip ties. The switch is kinda lame so I may change it out in a few weeks, but for now the lights are mounted and operational with no complaints from me. The front end of the truck looks allot more complete with the fogs in and for $54 I cant complain about the price. I would recommend the Blinglights to anyone with a 2012 that wants to put in some fogs that are functional ,economical, and easy to install.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
GrandMasterChooch is on a distinguished road

GrandMasterChooch's Tacoma Gallery
BL300W

hi,

the lights look sharp and flush, but how is the beam angled?
i attempted and install today. when we (brother in law and myself) had the the lights looking tight and flush with the plastic housing the beam was way offset, would definately piss off and distract oncoming traffic.

with the lights aimed straight, there were noticable gaps between lamp and housing (1 - 2 cm) didnt look nice at all.

i will try to shave/cut off abit of the housing so the lights can fit snug but still be effective and safe.

Any one try the PVC pipe monting method in the instructions? this might be a better method.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
JDR1011 is on a distinguished road
JDR1011's Tacoma Gallery
I recently followed your install and it worked great. Thanks! I haven't gotten to wiring them in yet, but noticed I had some condensation on the inside of the lenses. Did you or anyone else have issues with this? Is this something that would burn off once I'm running them? I plan to have my pops help me wire them directly to the headlights and I run my lights whenever I'm driving.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
LeighFlo
LeighFlo is on a distinguished road
LeighFlo's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Bling Fog Light Kit

Hey, thanks for the review. I was also looking at these on EBay. I was a little skeptical due to the price but glad they worked out for you. I think I 'll be ordering them soon. I'm not an electrician but will try to put together with the help of my brother. Also did this kit come with a "plug & play" harness to plug into steering column? Since you've had them for some time now, are yoy still satisfied with thir performance thus far. Thans again for the instructions!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
hey all, new to the forum. Got myself a 2013. I want to install these lights but im sketched out by a few things. I have the wires going right up to the fog lights, can I just plug into those or does it not match up. Also, that little blue light, is that removable? I am sticking to a theme and would switch it with a red one; bulb size #?

Thanks!

also, has anyone switched these to real HID's? easy switch? pics?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
You may be able to use those lights with a factory switch -- my truck did not have any of the wiring so i used what the kit provided. As for that little blue bulb it doesnt do anything and even lut up you cant tell its on. But yes you can switch it out if needed. Also is you would like to convert these to HID yes you can - i havent yet and really not sure why but i do plan to in the future .....

Let me know if anything else is needed and I will help if all possible.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGARZA84 View Post
You may be able to use those lights with a factory switch -- my truck did not have any of the wiring so i used what the kit provided. As for that little blue bulb it doesnt do anything and even lut up you cant tell its on. But yes you can switch it out if needed. Also is you would like to convert these to HID yes you can - i havent yet and really not sure why but i do plan to in the future .....

Let me know if anything else is needed and I will help if all possible.
awesome thanks!

Anyone else know if the factory wiring works?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Fire meathead is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: NICHOLAS
Fire meathead's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Factory Wiring

I read during my research prior to purchase of the blinglights that if your truck comes factory wired, then you can purchase factory fogs for another style Toyota , the Avalon I believe, and the lights will work no problems. Just a thought. My truck was not factory wired.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
I like tacos and burritos
Markallyn86 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Markallyn86's Tacoma Gallery
Blinglights are garbage my lasted 5 months. Tried to open it up and replace bulb and the inside screw to remove the bulb is stripped. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
GrandMasterChooch is on a distinguished road

GrandMasterChooch's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the lights kinda suck. Had trouble fitting into socket and alligning them. My left light always has condensation. I would not recomend these.
Pay a bit more and get a quality lamp.

The blue LEDs are allright, they seem to get attention from the fuzz though. Havent been pulled over cause of them, Just cops seem to check me out more often while they are on. maybe it makes truck look more gangsta, lol.