Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which tail lights to buy?

Old 02-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
FCheek2012 is on a distinguished road
FCheek2012's Tacoma Gallery
Which tail lights to buy?

So I'm getting new tail lights for my Tacoma, and I'm trying to decide which would be better:

The OEM replacement LED ones

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/TailLights/...TP00671/514270

Or these that I found on Amazon from Luminx

http://www.amazon.com/09-10-Toyota-T...0239763&sr=1-6

I like the smoked ones from Amazon because the LEDs look red, as opposed to the OEM ones that look slightly pinkish. But at the same time, I'm worried that the smoked ones would look weird on my Tacoma (silver streak mica). The OEM ones are also about $100 cheaper. What do you think?
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
Banned
Hii will become famous soon enough
Hii's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon ones
Old 02-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
amazon
Old 02-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked for sure.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile tail lights

stock. florida sun will ruin them in 2 years. might as well save the 100.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
These! Just got them today and I am impressed!
Attached Thumbnails
Which tail lights to buy?-iphone-012.jpg   Which tail lights to buy?-iphone-014.jpg   Which tail lights to buy?-iphone-019.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
They look great!!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
They look great!!
They do!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
mytac will become famous soon enough
Name: T
mytac's Tacoma Gallery
Do they fit on earlier models, i.e. 05-08? I would get them if they fit on my 05. They look nice (amazon).
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
do the 09-10 OEM's just plug into an 05?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
do the 09-10 OEM's just plug into an 05?
I would assume so, my aftermarket ones were plug and play.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Orem Is probably better quality but the smoked ones look better imo
Old 03-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Fiolo is right. The OEM assemblies are better made. Specifically, they are much more well finished around the areas where the lens meets the housing. I bought the smoked tails in the original post and decided to silicone all of the edges before installing. They were plug and play and by all other appearances seem to be quality parts.

A bit of advice....if you buy them and decide to seal them like I did, mask off all exposed edges with painters masking tape before sealing. This will ensure you don't get any silicone/epoxy onto the lens. I didn't do this and it came out fine, but it could've been much easier. The improvement in appearance is low impact, but noticeable. Here's what they look like installed.