Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED turn signal recommendations

Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
LED turn signal recommendations

Currently I'm running a set of LED signals from Trail-Gear. I've been told by a few people that they are way too small and hard to see when activated. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should replace them with?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't there a mod to run the lights just to the outside of the headlights act as the turn signals? If not could you easily?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #3
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
Isn't there a mod to run the lights just to the outside of the headlights act as the turn signals? If not could you easily?
This.
I have mine mounted inside my corners along with the parking lights. I think I have pics in my gallery or my build thread I would post but im on my phone
Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Tim 2011 DC is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Tim 2011 DC's Tacoma Gallery
On my 03 Tacoma, I used turn signals from a motorcycle when I added a plate bumper. If you wire the corner markers directly to the turn signals they will flash quickly. The motorcycle turn signals worked great as they were slightly flexible and I could mount them anywhere.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I converted my coner lights to turn signals.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't the corner light mod use standard bulbs? I was hoping to use LEDs.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #8

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, looks good. Thanks! I'm so used to hyper blink now, it doesn't bother me one bit.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Doesn't the corner light mod use standard bulbs? I was hoping to use LEDs.
I have LED's in mine.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Redheadedrider113 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Redheadedrider113's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I suggest "combining" the use of 1157 LED bulbs (and probably some resistors to eliminate hyper-blink) with Beau02's Fog Light Mod.
how would you wire in the resistors i just did this mod but cant figure out how to wire the resistors to eliminate the hyperblink