Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) step by step with pics!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
Dagger Taco *****
BG KY Jets Fan will become famous soon enough

Name: Joe
BG KY Jets Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the best way to align the headlights? The plug and play ones have that nut that holds the projector in. Does that basically line it up after tightening it down? I really want to do this mod and I have an extra set of lights, but I need more confidence to go with it!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #43
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG KY Jets Fan View Post
Whats the best way to align the headlights? The plug and play ones have that nut that holds the projector in. Does that basically line it up after tightening it down? I really want to do this mod and I have an extra set of lights, but I need more confidence to go with it!
not plug and play as i found out.
yes they do plug in without cutting your lights up, but the alignment ring is not right. You will need to do some cutting on the little tabs that the alignment ring sits next to. once you get the projectors in dont seal them up, its hard to do but resist. You need to install the ballasts and all the wiring first and then put the lights in the truck without the lenses on and fire em up and check the horizontal alignment. it will most likely be off about 20 degrees cocked clockwise.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #44
ronjon04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ronjon04's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished putting my mini D2S projectors together. Was wondering if the back where the projector sits in the housing gets recovered? The original bulb had that rubber boot around it and was concerned that it being open like that in the back might get moisture inside. Anyone do anything about this? Thanks! Will probably be posting my retrofit here once I get the final pics
Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #45
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i just zip tied it shut
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #46
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So i read somewhere that people used RTV sealent to connect the shrouds to the housing. is this ok? or should i use something like jbl weld?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #47
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
they have 4 screw holes to just screw into.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #48
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
they have 4 screw holes to just screw into.
shrouds do?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #49
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon04 View Post
I just finished putting my mini D2S projectors together. Was wondering if the back where the projector sits in the housing gets recovered? The original bulb had that rubber boot around it and was concerned that it being open like that in the back might get moisture inside. Anyone do anything about this? Thanks! Will probably be posting my retrofit here once I get the final pics
I didn't reuse the rubber boots, and so far (two years) no problems. That said, I'm in a Prerunner, so light off-road and no deep water, so YMMV.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #50
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I didn't reuse the rubber boots, and so far (two years) no problems. That said, I'm in a Prerunner, so light off-road and no deep water, so YMMV.
I cut mine up so they fit and put them on just to be sure, and with high humidity I haven't had issues either... only took about 1min per light so it seemed like cheap insurance heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
So i read somewhere that people used RTV sealent to connect the shrouds to the housing. is this ok? or should i use something like jbl weld?
I used the black silicon you can get from lowes (high temp stuff). I beat the hell out of my truck and do some fast desert stuff and hard hitting bump stops... they haven't moved at all. If you use the cheap RTV stuff from Autozone or what not... they fall out constantly.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
ronjon04 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ronjon04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
was thinking about doing this. Thought it was kinda weird that the boot was attached to the original light.... never seen that before.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #53
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for reference!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #54
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, Im curious to know what part of the shroud you cut down to let them sit so low.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #56
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
What looks better for painting the bezel:
Gloss black
or a Satin black

I have done Gloss black on my last 2 and am somewhat happy with the outcome, but was wondering if anyone has seen both in person and what they thought looked better?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #57
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
The Depo black housings are satin, and that's what I used for my reflector bowls.
After baking, the satin glossed up nicely on the bowls. I'd be worried that a gloss would be too much.

Remember, you'll be looking at them through the clear lens, which will clean up the appearance. Gloss paint will add double reflections inside and might look odd.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what i was thinking, my gloss black bezels in the light i have now seem really reflective. Does the satin have a more black look? More so than a gloss? I am thinking of doing a satin now. Thank you very much rich!