Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Review/Install: Halo Hid Headlights!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Review/Install: Halo Hid Headlights!!!

Here is a link to the headlights if you are interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TOYOTA...item3f143a77b1
But mine are the 8000k 35w.

Heres the story on these lights. I ordered the black and they said they were out of order so they sent me the chrome ones. I installed them. Right off the bat i noticed that there was a huge smear mark on the right headlight inside.(not on the hid bulb put what it shines though) it was annoying but i kept them. The left light started flickering more and more after a few days. Then a week after having them the same light(left) started leaking water. A month and a half after receiving them i called them to return them. I shipped them back, and they sent me the black ones. Yesterday i installed them and are loving them so far!!!

Here is a link to my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDoLpuD10Ws
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Sorry linked vid wont play on my phone for some reason.
Sorry bout that! It is public now.

Yeah the guy on the phone said i was supposed to do that, but i assumed something was up with the lights because it was only my left one.

Are you talking about sealing the rubber cap that goes on the back of the Hid unit?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Shit. So what youre telling me is i have to take them out again and do this? lol 0.0

I think ive got an idea of what youre taking about. Basically reinforcing the seal around the entire headlight where the clear piece meets the black.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Quote:
np

also a little off topic, but Ill say this as nicely as possible.

If you "notice" that the blue bulbs (8000K) dont seem to do as well in the rain/fog/snow, then I wouldnt be surprised at all.

The optimum kelvin range is 4300K - 6000K, but if the 8000K works well for you, than thats cool.

Again, I tried to touch on that aspect as nicely as I could.

after watching ur video, I must say to anyone else that didnt know......

DO NOT touch the glass on bulbs, especially HID and higher wattage......the oils from ur hands can/will cause the bulbs to prematurely fail...thats why some places send alcohol wipes with bulbs, just in case.....I always handle headlight bulbs/offroad bulbs/HIDs/ with nitrile or latex gloves, and even then only by the base....When u get into phillips HIDs that cost 100 bucks a pair, u rlly dont wanna mess around.
WELL I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
Quote:
np

also a little off topic, but Ill say this as nicely as possible.

If you "notice" that the blue bulbs (8000K) dont seem to do as well in the rain/fog/snow, then I wouldnt be surprised at all.

The optimum kelvin range is 4300K - 6000K, but if the 8000K works well for you, than thats cool.

Again, I tried to touch on that aspect as nicely as I could.

after watching ur video, I must say to anyone else that didnt know......

DO NOT touch the glass on bulbs, especially HID and higher wattage......the oils from ur hands can/will cause the bulbs to prematurely fail...thats why some places send alcohol wipes with bulbs, just in case.....I always handle headlight bulbs/offroad bulbs/HIDs/ with nitrile or latex gloves, and even then only by the base....When u get into phillips HIDs that cost 100 bucks a pair, u rlly dont wanna mess around.
WELL I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
question

hey jordan, appreciate your post. am considering some similar to these though a different brand. wondered if the halo's and led's are visible on these in the daytime? the halos don't appear to be ccfl's which i believe are the brightest type for halos. am aware of a multitude of problems with these aftermarkets, particularly from ebay, but i still like the looks of them, even greater than a decent retro'd oem set. link sent for the ones i'm considering, which cost quite a bit more but thinking better components the housings have a 60 day warranty. pm sent btw
http://www.xtralights.com/05-08toyot...itpackage.aspx
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
hey jordan, appreciate your post. am considering some similar to these though a different brand. wondered if the halo's and led's are visible on these in the daytime? the halos don't appear to be ccfl's which i believe are the brightest type for halos. am aware of a multitude of problems with these aftermarkets, particularly from ebay, but i still like the looks of them, even greater than a decent retro'd oem set. link sent for the ones i'm considering, which cost quite a bit more but thinking better components the housings have a 60 day warranty. pm sent btw
Hey I'm thinking about getting the same headlights, have you heard any more about them?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrosado View Post
Hey I'm thinking about getting the same headlights, have you heard any more about them?
went to their website. read that they do not warrant the lights against condensation. suppose that's to be expected. looking for the highest quality aftermarkets with this type of look. besides the spyders, also considering anzo and cforcar/sonar. suspect they're all made in china but can't be determined. just finding what warranty they offer can take some digging also.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #11
Quote:
Yes the halo rings and leds are visible during the daytime. Those look good, I would recommend the 6000k
Old 03-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Quote:
went to their website. read that they do not warrant the lights against condensation. suppose that's to be expected. looking for the highest quality aftermarkets with this type of look. besides the spyders, also considering anzo and cforcar/sonar. suspect they're all made in china but can't be determined. just finding what warranty they offer can take some digging also.

They replaced mine a month and a half after I bought them. Guess I just got lucky. These are actually made in Japan.The ones made in china are junk!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am also considering the anzo's they are inexpensive! PM What you find. And to the OP for fogs they like to have yellow light(cuts through the snow/rain/fog better) if you ever want to put HID's in the fogs.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
alexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the roughalexrosado is a jewel in the rough

Army: Rifleman, A CO, 2-7 CAV, 4BCT, 1CD
Name: Alex
alexrosado's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to alexrosado
just got my halo LEDs in....love em

Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Just used your video to install my lights today. Same lights that you have here. Video really helped me when it came to the black, white and red wires.

+1 to you.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Just used your video to install my lights today. Same lights that you have here. Video really helped me when it came to the black, white and red wires.

+1 to you.
Great! Glad i could help!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
OneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud of

OneMentalCase's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up and lights! Couple questions...besides the wiring...how difficult is the rest of the install? Does it still have the daytime running lights in yellow?? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMentalCase View Post
Great write up and lights! Couple questions...besides the wiring...how difficult is the rest of the install? Does it still have the daytime running lights in yellow?? Thanks in advance!
good, glad i could help a bro out! The instal is pretty easy. i do not have daytime runninglights on my 2007. are you referring to the blinker as the running lights?