LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Roof Rack Lights Help Needed.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Roof Rack Lights Help Needed.

So I'm welding up a custom roof rack this weekend and plan to install 4-7" lights up front and 5" bed lights on the back of the rack. My question is to those who have done this already. How did you route the wiring from the roof to the cab? Any advice on how to run wiring from the back of the roof for bed lights would be great too, or just point me to a thread where this has already been answered. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Try the search bar at the top of the page. I'm in my phone so I can't be of much help
Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering the same thing.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Try the search bar at the top of the page. I'm in my phone so I can't be of much help
So am I LOL
Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck! Hopefully someone chimes in who is not on their phone. Still thinking about adding some lights to a Yakima basket on the shell.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i’ll see if i can find a thread for you. hang on
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
ok since i’m a little confused on what exactly you what. i tryed searching and could not find much.. i would talk to colinb17 he is a member in FL and i think has a custom roof rack with like 6 lights on it.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
ok since iím a little confused on what exactly you what. i tryed searching and could not find much.. i would talk to colinb17 he is a member in FL and i think has a custom roof rack with like 6 lights on it.
Will do man. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i would also like to know
Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for an easy, non-permanent solution, I don't think you'll find one.

Short of running the wire through a back window or shutting your door over them, you'll pretty much have to drill. You might be able to pry back the grommet on the 3rd brake light and run the wires through that hole.

I just mounted five 7" HIDs on my roof and I will be drilling into the roof to route the wires. My plan is to run them down the inside of my A-pillar.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
do you have pics od the lights?^
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-his-word.html
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
IC MANDO is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry
Name: Isaac
IC MANDO's Tacoma Gallery
Best I came up with

I have 4 lights on the front and 2 on the back of my rack. All I did was run my wires in black flux down my back window (off to 1 side), along the frame, and up in the gromet under the driver seat. Once in the cab it's up to you.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has a 95 Grand Cherokee with roof mounted lights. On his Jeep, we managed to run two 10 AWG wires from the rack, down into the crack between the doors and the roof line, tucked the wires behind the weather stripping and ran them forward all the way to the bottom of the A pillar, then we tucked them behind the front fender and under the hood. We did this on both sides of his jeep. One side had positive and negative for one pair of 130W lights, the other side fed a second pair of 130W lights. I haven't investigated the Tacoma to see if it's possible, but it may be.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #16
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
pm colinb17

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ld-thread.html

Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
So I'm welding up a custom roof rack this weekend and plan to install 4-7" lights up front and 5" bed lights on the back of the rack. My question is to those who have done this already. How did you route the wiring from the roof to the cab? Any advice on how to run wiring from the back of the roof for bed lights would be great too, or just point me to a thread where this has already been answered. Thanks in advance.
I ran my wiring inside the tube and through the existing bolt hole on one side. Check gallery for pics...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #18

Wow this thread took off like a rocket! Thank you all for your input and keep 'em coming. Basically I'm just looking at different wiring options and routing locations.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
ill see if i have some pics of mine to put up

edit: nvm sorry no pics... i drilled a hole into my cab and put a rubber bushing around the hole and the wires through it, works perfect
Old 03-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. And Blueberry, I'm planning a similar build, and would love to see what you come up with as far as routing and mounting... (trying to avoid the "hole in the roof method...)