Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

help reviewing some new headlights

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
help reviewing some new headlights

I realize that there is a search function and have searched, but really didn't find any reviews of this particular one...

http://www.amazon.com/Eautolight-Toy...=1QB8YAPQNRFGI

It's a projector/halo LED light with clear corners and LED daytime running strip below where that metal body trim piece is now...

Just looking for peoples .02 please

Compare to this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Are either of these worth the money? Or am I just better off going to a stock replacement?

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
IMO go with the first set because they come with the corners but don't add the l.e.d strip under it. I personally don't like the l.e.d strip on trucks as they look way better on say an Audi
Old 03-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
They are good you just have to reseal them, I bought some from bay and resealed them and so far they turned out great
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
IMO go with the first set because they come with the corners but don't add the l.e.d strip under it. I personally don't like the l.e.d strip on trucks as they look way better on say an Audi
I agree, I was going to maybe use the LED strips as aux backup light though?? since they don't come with wiring instructions though or even a diagram of which wire is which, I may avoid them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
They are good you just have to reseal them, I bought some from bay and resealed them and so far they turned out great
Reseal? How did you do that? Run a bead of silicon around the seam? Or did you take them apart and then put them back together with a sealer?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I just siliconed the seams

Products Discussed in this Thread