Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Foglights Anytime for 2012... Its a bit different!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Johnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to all

Johnny E's Tacoma Gallery
Foglights Anytime for 2012... Its a bit different!

Below is my post from the original thread, i figured it might no be seen there and the changes for 2012 are minor but got me messed up. check out the original thread for more details for other years and to thank the creators of this mod. I only modded the mod....yah sure

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/64026-anytime-foglight-mod-explained-electrical-diagrams.html

2012 Update
With 663 kms on my Taco its was about 662kms overdue for me to mess with something so I figured the easiest mod ever was a good pace to start. Turns out Master Yota made a mod of his own and shuffled around a relay or two. The fog relay is no in the sub panel mounted to the right side of the main panel.

This isn't such a bad thing as there is an easy way to get from one to the other with our little jumper. Just fead the lead down here

Then you can unclip the sub panel from the main and remove the bottom cover

Now if you wanna realy keep things stealthy at this point you would splice into that little red/black wire in the top right. I close the bent tab route as I just couldn't bring myself to start cutting wires. So feed the lead up thru the block, that it the skinny black one over the blue

Now you have to bend the tab carefully, we need a U shape bend as the space in the panel is very tight

Almost done! Clip the subpanel back together and onto the main, replace the relay and connect your lead

No connect your jumper to the same place as always in the main panel

And there it is your done and your new 2012 Taco has fogs available anytime you like!

Johnny EView Public ProfileSend a private message to Johnny EFind More Posts by Johnny EAdd Johnny E to Your Contacts

Page 7 of 7« First<56 7

Home> Tacoma Garage> Lighting
Message Cancel Changes Quick Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
2012 DCLB
gsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Yeoman
Name: Douglas
gsxrdoug's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you, I was getting ready to do this mod and would have plugged into the wrong relay.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Johnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to allJohnny E is a name known to all

I removed the wrong relay and worse still I did it while the ignition was on......dont do that. It popped the engine and TRAC OFF lights. There is a post in the original thread on how to reset the light
Old 03-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
This is the "hard" way to do it, feed the wire to the seat warmer relay as shown in the picture below:

Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #6

The only issue I had that system is they can be left on. The lead in that slot is always hot. Using the jump point jivewalker chose releases the relay whenever the ignition os off, it's a switched source. For me it's good insurance against a dead battery.

Update, I was wrong! That is a switched lead I am not sure how I missed it. Super#1 props to cintocrunch
Old 03-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #7

Ultra Stealth Mod on 2012
After cintocrunch showed me the super easy way it occured to me this could be done even cleaner. The image below is the underside of the sub panel. If you were to swap the red/black wire in the upper right corner with the pale green wire in the lower right you would not need the jumper wire or to mess with the relay. Note if you have heated seat the this would be bad as now they would only work with the headlights on lowbeam

I took a look at this tonight and it seems there is a small clip holding the witing connector in the panel. If anyone know how to release the clipthis would be a super clean mod, heck it would even be fused as it is a factory wire

Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 doesnt have any harness for the seat heater. I will post a link to the thread i made tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #9

You could then do it the way I originally did
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
2012 DCLB
gsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now I have to go look to see how mine is set up so I can do this mod.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
2012 DCLB

Thank you for the update on the 2012 models, just did mine. Easy day. Just like the pre-12 just a bit different. Great easy mod.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I took a look at this tonight and it seems there is a small clip holding the witing connector in the panel. If anyone know how to release the clipthis would be a super clean mod, heck it would even be fused as it is a factory wire

[/QUOTE]

I had to rewire a VW before and swap out fuse blocks.. I found a small prick punch inserted in the top hole (damn that sounds dirty) could be used to release the connector from the panel. Maybe the Toyota is the same. Sorta required holding the block and jiggling the wire in and out while fiddling for the clip with the prick punch.
I have a nice package coming from Crutchfield so I will be spending some time with the Taco this weekend. I want to do the fog mod so I'll give it a try and post if it works...
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I tried for about 15 minutes and couldn't release the connectors. I ended up soldering the heated seat wire to the relay. Foglights Anytime for 2012... Its a bit different!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1333407848.032382.jpg
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

big sky's Tacoma Gallery
the connectors are likely Molex, they sell extracting tools to remove the wires http://www.frozencpu.com/too-05.html

- some folks make their own- I've read a lot of folks use part of an old wiper blade or even a large paperclip
Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #15

Slick tool!!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
nickberg is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nickberg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny E View Post
I removed the wrong relay and worse still I did it while the ignition was on......dont do that. It popped the engine and TRAC OFF lights. There is a post in the original thread on how to reset the light
I just ran into the same issue, and could not find the fix for it on the original thread. What worked for you?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
Zonktified has a spectacular aura aboutZonktified has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rob
Zonktified's Tacoma Gallery
subd...sounds like a winner mod!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #18
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #19
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny E View Post

Does anybody know if the light green wire for the relay all the way to the left in this image has the same function as the light green for the seat warmers? I have a 2015 sport and there is no sweat warmer wiring. Would I be able to quick splice into that other light green?