Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Can't get my tach lights working

Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Colby
thewhiteknight's Tacoma Gallery
Can't get my tach lights working

Did the white led gauge swap and now my tach lights don't work? They all wok but the tach ??
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
thewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shedthewhiteknight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh well it looks ok. I'll just say I 'meant' to do it like this lol
Attached Thumbnails
Can't get my tach lights working-imageuploadedbytapatalk1331602203.294321.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
You swaped the led's on the tach? They probably arnt connected right or reverse polarity. Just buy 2 more white's and replace them.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
You swaped the led's on the tach? They probably arnt connected right or reverse polarity. Just buy 2 more white's and replace them.
^^^this...you might have not soldered them correctly..
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #5

I went through 4 bulbs on each so I'm pretty sure 8 chips weren't defective an I checked it with a meter and they weren't getting as much voltage as the others.. So I don't know. Could the circuit board have gotten to hot or something?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #6

And reversed them about 2 or 3 times and they wouldn't work either way
Old 03-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
check to see if you didnt accidently dropped any solder around the board...that can cause a short
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #8

I'll look for solder one day when I get bored but its back in the truck for now lol but if anyone else thinks of anything that it could be I'm still listening for help! Thanks