Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM

Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
JWCWV is on a distinguished road
JWCWV's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM

Hey fellas I am looking at the BHLM for my truck and before I get started I was curious on the type of silicone to reseal...any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly you can just reseal with what you already have on the lamp but for extra measures check this out from trs.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=792
Old 03-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I took as much of the OEM sealant out and replaced it with 3M window weld, then bake and reseal. You can pick it up at most auto parts stores, it's a black ribbon style sealant.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
^^ window weld
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If they are OEM lights they will reseal fine if they haven't been split apart before. For extra reassurance though you could run clear silicone around the perimeter after the light is back together. 3M window weld works great as well if you don't trust the OEM adhesive.