Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Adding 3rd driving light question

Old 03-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Adding 3rd driving light question

Adding 3rd driving light between the two existing. Can i tap it into one of the existing lights wires without causing problems? KC 130w.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Adding 3rd driving light between the two existing. Can i tap it into one of the existing lights wires without causing problems? KC 130w.
130W lights draw around 11 amps each. The wiring kit you have likely has a 30Amp relay and wiring to support 25 Amps. You'd likely blow the fuse. Upsizing the fuse is dangerous since it's there to protect the wiring and it's sized for that size wire.

I would leave what you have in place. Add a second fuse and relay coming directly off the battery and use that to provide power to the new light. You can tap the existing light circuit to trigger the new relay and have all your lights on the same switch that way.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the detail. I appreciate it