Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Never got a clear instruction about wiring 130w KC lights

Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World!

If you want the lights to run when your high beams are on, run the power wires for the lights to the battery, then have the relay wire run to the high beam wire on your light harness. The kit should come with the propper conecters.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would definately run a relay for those, and are you trying to tap into your headlights for the wiring?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good job phantom yeah i see your point i would run them just with a switch instead of having the highbeams on in order to have the light on thats how i have my hellas and hid's i can run anything on even without having to have my headlights on much better for me.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I had some lights installed by 4wheelparts my hellas and they made it so that my headlights had to be on and when my high beams went on they shutoff didnt like that all to much i guess its just preference.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

If your in the desert thats when i would run them, and brights are better to run with aux IMO, but since i got my light bar with more lights no need for that now.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
guessing that is 130 w per light
so 2 X 130=260
260 divided by 12 = 21.66 amps

your alternator puts out something like 60 amps + ( don't have my book handy, if you have a tow package think it is 100 amps +

so you should be ok !
so that also means that the fuse would have to be 21.66 amps min ( and it would blow with just turn on ) so i would look for something around 25 amps for the fuse.
and the fuse holder would be mounted real close to the battery !

the wiring would want to be protected with that stuff that you have under the hood on wire bundle that is like a accordion plastic tubing with a slit
to prevent rock damage and crush and short ( why the fuse is close to the battery)
and sorry but you are way too far from me ( left coast)
Dont forget the power being used by the other things, like High beams, tail lights, radio, ECU, ignition, etc.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
where will the "brights wire" be? that i will want to attach my relay to? and these lights come with a wiring harness so i dont think i need to worry about what wire to purchase do i?
If I were you, I would connect the relay wire to a parking light wire. That way you can use the lights anytime the headlights are on. Connect it to the green wire going to the parking light on the driver side. There is a grommet going into the firewall that you can run the wires into the cab from.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #16
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If I were you, I would connect the relay wire to a parking light wire. That way you can use the lights anytime the headlights are on. Connect it to the green wire going to the parking light on the driver side. There is a grommet going into the firewall that you can run the wires into the cab from.
I want the lights to turn off when I turn off my brights, so that I can use them on the road too, missouri has no laws forbidding using them like this too......
Old 12-22-2008, 07:44 AM   #18

Looks right.