1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Never got a clear instruction about wiring 130w KC lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jeremy_283, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Dec 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    If I want to wire two KC Rally 800 130W Long Range Lights to my high beams, what all will I need? It says the lights come with some wiring and stuff, but what all will I need to do? can my electrical system handle it? I got an 08 offroad with the towing package, any help or info is greatly appreciated

2. Dec 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to Tacoma World!

If you want the lights to run when your high beams are on, run the power wires for the lights to the battery, then have the relay wire run to the high beam wire on your light harness. The kit should come with the propper conecters.

3. Dec 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I would definately run a relay for those, and are you trying to tap into your headlights for the wiring?

4. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    I just want my longrange to come on with the flip of the OEM brights switch........ i also will want to put a "master switch" in to just turn them off completely so they have no ties whatsoever to my brights........ but yes, I guess I was looking to tap into my headlights??? I dont know too much about cars but I'm very mechanically inclined.... and will learn quickly

5. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    actualy would it work like having the power coming directly from my battery while having a relay and my "master switch" wired in-line with the aux. lighting?

6. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Good job phantom yeah i see your point i would run them just with a switch instead of having the highbeams on in order to have the light on thats how i have my hellas and hid's i can run anything on even without having to have my headlights on much better for me.

7. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:16 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    fuse box (how to wire,how that works).......... and bosch relay.... let me fill out that personal profile, thanks

8. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    whats the downside of having the aux. lights wired to highbeams? I can't see why I wouldn't want to? they are long range aux lights so using highbeams along with them seems to be ok to me? and can my charging system handle this?

9. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I had some lights installed by 4wheelparts my hellas and they made it so that my headlights had to be on and when my high beams went on they shutoff didnt like that all to much i guess its just preference.

10. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:41 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    maybe i aint acustomed to this sort of thing but like when would you want aux. lights on with your brights off?

11. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:44 PM
    SocalMan22

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    If your in the desert thats when i would run them, and brights are better to run with aux IMO, but since i got my light bar with more lights no need for that now.

12. Dec 14, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    oh wait i see what your saying, i incorrectly read your first post.... so you can't run both stock and aux. lights..... thats gay, lol........... but my stock electrical can handle the extra lighting without draining the battery?

13. Dec 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Dont forget the power being used by the other things, like High beams, tail lights, radio, ECU, ignition, etc. :)

14. Dec 15, 2008 at 5:53 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    where will the "brights wire" be? that i will want to attach my relay to? and these lights come with a wiring harness so i dont think i need to worry about what wire to purchase do i?

15. Dec 15, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    If I were you, I would connect the relay wire to a parking light wire. That way you can use the lights anytime the headlights are on. Connect it to the green wire going to the parking light on the driver side. There is a grommet going into the firewall that you can run the wires into the cab from.

16. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:13 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I want the lights to turn off when I turn off my brights, so that I can use them on the road too, missouri has no laws forbidding using them like this too......

17. Dec 22, 2008 at 6:41 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Does this wiring diagram that came with my KClights look correct?????? .... it did not label the relay terminals....

Wiring Diagram.jpg

18. Dec 22, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Looks right.

19. Dec 22, 2008 at 7:13 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    there are two wires leading from each light...... i figure one will lead to the ground......

20. Dec 22, 2008 at 7:19 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    there is an LED on the switch which i didn't label.... is that what your talking about?

Products Discussed in

To Top