Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Avid lightbar setup

Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recruiter
Texas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Avid lightbar setup

I just got my Avid Offroad light bar. I ordered it with 2 tabs. I'm curious to see how others have set up their lighting configurations. Post pics if you've got 'em, along with any specs!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just shipped today. I'm planning PIAA 520 ATPs.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Texas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm looking at mounting two 3" or maybe even 6" LED's. Still researching though... and saving up money.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
What happend?
Did I poop?

Its like the thread just ran face first into a mac truck...I was looking forward to other light setups too....since im on the fence about having a pair of 4" lights next to the 8.5's

Come on, someone revive this bish
Your avatar scared every one away! HAHAHA
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #6
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery

2 PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Yellow driving lights. Nice addition with the highbeams on, seem to illuminate the ditches nicely to spot any moose. Had too many close calls with them on the winding highways up here last summer!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
I love that bar. It's on my wish list. I like it plain, like a brush guard or bull bar, not necessarily a light bar.

Sorry...day dreaming.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
I love that bar. It's on my wish list. I like it plain, like a brush guard or bull bar, not necessarily a light bar.

Sorry...day dreaming.
I nearly drove of a 15ft embankment last time I was out wheeling at night. That's my reason for deciding to add extra lighting. I couldn't see shit!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #9

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Taco View Post
I nearly drove of a 15ft embankment last time I was out wheeling at night. That's my reason for deciding to add extra lighting. I couldn't see shit!
Check this out...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ch-2012-a.html
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
TX Pro
WEZZA83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Wes
WEZZA83's Tacoma Gallery

Avid w/ Hella Black Magic 500's
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Mine just shipped today. I'm planning PIAA 520 ATPs.
Ended up with KC Daylighters.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #12
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Does the Avid light bar offer any protection or is it thin gauge. Not talking about a full on collision but the occasional parking lot bumps.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Does the Avid light bar offer any protection or is it thin gauge. Not talking about a full on collision but the occasional parking lot bumps.
General opinion is that is does offer some protection, probably more than an average light bar or bull bar, but less than a plate bumer. It's sturdy tubing, and the attachment point is done right - angled brackets that interface with four of your bumper bolts. I can grab the bar and shake the truck up and down with no flex in the light bar.

Folks have bottomed out and bent it, but the few threads I've seen have applauded how well it held up and helped protect the plastic bumper. I'm pretty beefy and I would be confident standing on it if needed. It will be a great audible contact signal for the idiot trying to parallel park in front of you.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #14
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Definitely stout! I wheeled with a guy that had one and was very impressed. For some of the tighter forested trails where your creeping around turns at full lock and need some rubbing protection for bumper, this thing is ideal.

Looks great Poly! Its definitely on my to do list.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
TX Pro
WEZZA83 is on a distinguished road

Name: Wes
WEZZA83's Tacoma Gallery

At night!