1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retro fit advice

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Cajun1, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Mar 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    Cajun1

Cajun1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brooks
    Abbeville, LA
    Brush Gaurd 265 Destinations 5100's @ 1.75 LED Lighting Center console Home made Saatchi DDM 5K HID
    i want to do a retro fix soon to my yota b/c i miss my hid's..i had 5k in before and they were too bright in stock reflectors yada yada...so i bought a set of DDM 4300k fogs...if i decide i like the color of 4300k i might want to do a retro fix(while i have the money)...so my question is...i know for sure i want to go with the Mini H1 proj. with a graphite shroud... and i dont want to put alother cheap set of DDM hid kits in them...so im thinking about either SLIM's VVM, or A TRS kit..but i dont want to spend 150 on a whole TRS kits...so what i was thinking about is buying either TRS ballast or TRS bulbs..with a DDM ballast or bulbs with witchever TRS product(bulbs or ballast) to make a full hid kit...my question is should i buy good quality TRS ballast or bulbs? b/c i cant afford both right now...or should i just go with slimm or VVM??

Also how are the graphit shrouds?? or should i get mini gattlin?
    Also what about angle eyes?..pretty much just for show right?

Thanks!!

2. Mar 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Cajun1

Cajun1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brooks
    Abbeville, LA
    Brush Gaurd 265 Destinations 5100's @ 1.75 LED Lighting Center console Home made Saatchi DDM 5K HID
    nobody?? bump!

Products Discussed in

To Top