Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Nfab Light Bar

Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #21
crooks420 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
crooks420's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the Fab Tech light bar for 2005 up Toyota Tacomas. Install was easy and took maybe 1 hour. A pair of ramps to drive your front wheels up onto make it easy. The supplied carraige bolts did NOT fit into the slotted holes on the brackets/ light bar. I will replace them with grade 8 hex bolts and add lock washers.

The pics below should help new installers.

Jesse

Old 10-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Thats too bad about the carraige bolts. Luckly everything went very smooth with mine. Truck looks awesome Crooks420!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #23

I just need to put the lights on : Two old school SEARS chrome/amber fog lights, and two 130W 6" clear lens lights. I will post pics of eveything when I get it done...... aux. fuse block, relays, and factory fog light switches.

Jesse

Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
MotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura aboutMotoXXX has a spectacular aura about

MotoXXX's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to get back at them, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Very simple.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #25

I have had the lights installed and working for about a month now. Everything went as planned, and the factory switches work great and dim with the rest of the instrument panel. The hardest part was making my fuse block mounting bracket, and deciding where to put the relays so as to keep the wiring as clean as possible (underneath the fuse block bracket). I know, a relay for each light is a bit overkill, but why not....?

Jesse

Old 02-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #26
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a problem, I have the N-Fab light bar with the tabs going towards the grille. I installed 4 Hella 500's and can't aim them down because they hit the bar in front. Any suggestions about what I can put under them so I can adjust them and they won't come loose after a while? Appreciate input.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #27
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinguy View Post
I have a problem, I have the N-Fab light bar with the tabs going towards the grille. I installed 4 Hella 500's and can't aim them down because they hit the bar in front. Any suggestions about what I can put under them so I can adjust them and they won't come loose after a while? Appreciate input.

I have the same exact setup and didn't have that problem. If I aim them down as far as they can go, the run like fogs...

You might be able to use washers to raise the light housing.

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from N-fab and did not have any problems. I got exactly what I ordered.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #29
07tacotrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Tucker
07tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
hella 700ff lights with upgraded 100w lights and i painted the light bar flat black
Attached Thumbnails
Nfab Light Bar-dsc_0857.jpg  
Old 09-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #30
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival!

Do the new Nfab bars have the light tabs pointing in toward the bumper, or forward? I'm thinking of picking one up but only want one if the tabs point in toward the truck.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #32
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My tabs point towards the grille. Great pictures at the top of the page.
Thanks, sounds like the OP either got a fluke or they changed the design again in the last couple years.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #33
gpeet is on a distinguished road
gpeet's Tacoma Gallery
Lets be honest, if your company is small enough that the owner is replying directly to emails from customers, he probably shouldn't be referring to himself as a CEO.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #34
gpeet is on a distinguished road
gpeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

washers and lock washers?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #35
Costa09 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Costa09's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is over a year old but my tabs are facing out. Just found this thread. I looks okay to me but why false advertise? The truck on there sight has them facing in.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #36
crumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura aboutcrumf20 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Wesley
crumf20's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know how and willing to make a light bar capable of mounting 3-5 lights for cheap price?!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #37
Truck Norris
robsam is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
robsam's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of getting this bar, and sliders, but knowing what clowns they come across as, I will keep looking. Thanks for letting the customers know. Thats what sells... or doesnt sell.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
Offduty is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
Offduty's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I read through this thread. I just ordered the N-Fab light bar last night and could not believe what I was reading about the light mounting tabs pointing out to the front. I had the same light bar on my 2011 DCSB OR and the tabs pointed in so can't wait to see if my new bar is like the picture reflects (tabs in)...
Old 12-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #39
Offduty is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
Offduty's Tacoma Gallery
Just received my N-Fab light bar today very nice piece welds are clean and very well painted. Also the tabs are facing grill side (In) $118 Amazon