Notices

Nfab Light Bar

Old 07-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Map06TRD is on a distinguished road
Map06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Map06TRD
Nfab Light Bar

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t200831.html

I sorry to just repost from somewhere else (but iam to lasy to repost all of it)

I am kinda pissed... did all that work mounting it and finding out it was made wrong. I sent emails to Stillen and Nfab.. bought from stillen, shipped from Nfab..

I hope it was made wrong and thats not thier new disign. plus they better send me a new one.. and not give me trouble..
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Do not buy from Nfab...

I order thier front light bar. I thought it was the same as they show on thier website..

I got somthing different the light tab are no longer facing in they face out in odd looking way.. I emailed Nfab just to see if mine was made wrong here are the emails back and forth from nfab and me..

I just bought one of your light bars for my truck, 2005 Toyota Tacoma from Stillen.com...The bar I got shipped has the light mounts away from the truck, But in your pics of your trucks it shows the light tabs face towards the truck..
Has the the bar change.. Also thier were no directions in the box for the
install..

thank you
Marc Palange

they sent back

We built one with the tabs on the back side,,,but opted to put them on the outside so you can fit 4) 9" lights so they have all been like that since 2005... sorry for the confusion.

its an easy mount.... the base bkt bolts to the factory bumper mount,and the light bar goes through the bumper grill and you will see how the holes line up.

you don't have to remove the bumper and no drilling or cutting is needed.

Thomas Fichter
CEO N-fab inc

I sent back..

Dear Mr. Fichter

Thank you for the info..

If the light bar is being made this way since 2005.. It would be nice for your customers to show the bar with the lights sticking out in your promo gallery. This is like false advertising, show one product and selling another.. Why show an old design and not the new one?? I would have never bought one if i knew the lights stick out like they do now..

Marc Palange

And this is what i got back.. From a CEO of a company..

Slow down there buddy.... the truck you see on there was a prototype,it even has a tire rack and bars that have been changed since. That Tacoma was built for Toyota street team project.... we have pics of a number of products (Ford-Nissan-Toyota-Chevy) that have changed or evolved,or never been built again all trying to develop cool stuff and to expand our product mix... I will share I also changed the light bar during development it at the request of our DSI distributors who sells to Toyota dealerships all over the us.. Mainly again so the larger lights would fit. I like it the way you do better also.. I have learned that it doesnt matter what I like but what sells..

I in no way would want to mislead anyone especially over a light-bar sale... Its still a great looking part and the mount is one of the best ever designed at N-fab.

Put some lights on it and it will hide the tabs and look like intended.

Give me your address and I will send you some stickers
and a to-shirt for your trouble.

Thomas Fichter

Did i do anything wrong...........What should I do...
Old 07-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I understand how you feel, but what are you going to do? They are not going to listen much. Send it back if you don't like it. Or you could cut the tabs off and weld on the back side, if you have the capability. You could even fabricate some longer brackets that extend back further and weld on or even screw on using the holes that the original tab comes with. Who are you and who are they? I'll tell you right now that THEY don't care who YOU are. Just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
i might just keep it and take the free stuff and be the bitch..
Old 07-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i would be pissed off also but you cant do to much about it
Old 07-17-2007, 02:38 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Send it back if you dont like it. Also, what kind of a CEO sends out an email that full of typo's and bad grammar? espcially to a customer!?!? I would send it back just on principal but thats just me... im kind of a dick
Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 AM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Send it back if you dont like it. Also, what kind of a CEO sends out an email that full of typo's and bad grammar? espcially to a customer!?!? I would send it back just on principal but thats just me... im kind of a dick
I don't think you would be a dick for that one. You are right!

Besides, no CEO should blow off a customer's concerns that way.

Remember the customer service speech you got at your first job: "...the customer is always right..."

You are right about the CEO's horrible grammar. Maybe we should propose a corporate take over? If only we had the capital.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
You are right about the CEO's horrible grammar. Maybe we should propose a corporate take over? If only we had the capital.
I think with this guy all we'd need is a dictionary and a 5th grade grammar book
Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #9
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I don't think you would be a dick for that one. You are right!

Besides, no CEO should blow off a customer's concerns that way.

Remember the customer service speech you got at your first job: "...the customer is always right..."

I've been in sales and service for a long time, and I don't think that a CEO should be this way also, but on the other hand, I don't care what your are selling the customer ISN"T always right!! Some times you just have to let bad business go. Then again this isn't the case, they shouldn't advertise one thing and sell another. I had posted earlier just wanted to express my feelings on the part that the customer is always right.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
I've been in sales and service for a long time, and I don't think that a CEO should be this way also, but on the other hand, I don't care what your are selling the customer ISN"T always right!! Some times you just have to let bad business go. Then again this isn't the case, they shouldn't advertise one thing and sell another. I had posted earlier just wanted to express my feelings on the part that the customer is always right.
Well, the "customer is always right" thing only goes so far. You are right. You have to let bad business go, but if you bend when others break you will stand above your competition.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
That's the key 007, bend but don't break. This company may be run by a lot of young guys(kids) I don't know, but that's what they need to know.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
i dont want anything in return.. i just want them to change the picture to show what it looks like.. So thier venders can do the same. i just dont want this to happeend to someone else..

I am not trying to be a dick.. I just wanted an answer..

i might just keep the bar so i can show people and bad mouth them.. lol
Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
Solo Member

kilo's Tacoma Gallery
You got it Map06TRD!!! Keep marching ahead!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
nceguystaco is on a distinguished road

nceguystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to nceguystaco Send a message via AIM to nceguystaco
http://www.expressdistributing.com/c...rive_lites.htm

i am getting the pro comp motorsport one on left shows it on a nissian but
4 wheel parts has it in there toyota cat. it is brand new item looks very sweet saw it on tacoma pro comp display truck at grand opening last sat it is 155.99 at 4wheelparts
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nceguystaco View Post
http://www.expressdistributing.com/c...rive_lites.htm

i am getting the pro comp motorsport one on left shows it on a nissian but
4 wheel parts has it in there toyota cat. it is brand new item looks very sweet saw it on tacoma pro comp display truck at grand opening last sat it is 155.99 at 4wheelparts
Thats a badass light bar, that would look good on any truck. I assume your getting it in black to match your wheels? I'd like to see pics after you get it on
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
u have to drill through the bumper to install it..
Old 07-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
nceguystaco is on a distinguished road

nceguystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to nceguystaco Send a message via AIM to nceguystaco
yes u have to put to holes through the top big enought to pass the bolt through and yes will be in black with black housing on the lights
Old 07-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #18
Some pics of the light bar with all 4 hella's ......

I will take some more when it gets dark out.. The bar is growing on me.. so whatever.. Good luck to anyone else ordering anything from Nfab...

Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
I know this was forever ago, but i just called N-Fab and they assured me that the light bar tabs face in towards the truck. They look exactly the same as the pictures on the website. They said there was some problems back then, but that they fixed them.

So for those of you who are looking into getting the light bar like me and come across this thread, don't worry. It looks exactly the way picture on the website looks.
Sorry for all of you guys up there ^^. That does suck and the CEO should learn some basic grammar mechanics. :-/

I'll post my photos of the light bar as soon as I get it.