Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Behind the grill light bar

Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Behind the grill light bar

Nothing new or shocking here. Just mounted some 500FF lights to this bracket I made (thank you TW). However, the lights still shake. Anybody else have this issue? I thought this bracket would eliminate the shack rattle and roll.

The radiator mounts are plastic and have rubber bushing so I'm guessing that's the weak point. What do you think?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
I drilled a hole in the middle of the light bar where it crosses the hood latch and used a self tapping screw to secure it. It helped a bunch but still had minimal light shaking
Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylpickel2004 View Post
I drilled a hole in the middle of the light bar where it crosses the hood latch and used a self tapping screw to secure it. It helped a bunch but still had minimal light shaking
Thanks Dylanpickel, yes I also threw in a screw where the hood latch attaches to the bracket. Oh well, I guess shacking is what we get lol

Out of curiosity, do they shack on that sweet bull bar you have?

Might I add the hella 500FF throws some very weak sauce output.. time to retrofit these with projectors! j/k... although I've never seen anyone do it.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Venom73 is on a distinguished road

Venom73's Tacoma Gallery
i did the same thing but i added a piece to the bottom of the bar then put the self tapping screw in that. and i have zero shake
Attached Thumbnails
Behind the grill light bar-2011-09-03-2010_38_15.jpg  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
RN

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I also added the middle bolt... Wasn't too bad until I converted my 500ff to HID 6000k. Now the shake is more noticeable but awesome bright.
awesome dude. Yea I was shooting for a 6k H3 bulb DDM 55W like everyone does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom73 View Post
i did the same thing but i added a piece to the bottom of the bar then put the self tapping screw in that. and i have zero shake
But see you got welding skillz! Looks good... I might add a piece similar, probably find a bracket, bend it around and cut w/ the dremmel.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
awesome dude. Yea I was shooting for a 6k H3 bulb DDM 55W like everyone does.

But see you got welding skillz! Looks good... I might add a piece similar, probably find a bracket, bend it around and cut w/ the dremmel.

Same here, but I figure the "give" is a good thing.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
mine shake also
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
RN

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Sub'd. Installing satoshi tomorrow then starting light bar soon. Keep us updated
Right on, satoshi grill is a bitch good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
This is what I did,

Oh that is slick... yes that center aluminum bar is what I'm thinking. Do you still shack rattle and roll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
mine shake also
Good to know anthony, I'm not the only one
Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
funny thing is...only my right light shakes, the other 2 dont, it is pretty annoying...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
RN

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
funny thing is...only my right light shakes, the other 2 dont, it is pretty annoying...
Yea, pisses me off looking at the light bounce like a basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Yeah we've been building it for 2 weeks now. Not everyday, but taking our time to make it perfect. Tomorrow is finally time to get it in!
OH Yes, I recall my project vividly. What a job... you will feel awesome when it's done.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
Interesting theory
Never said it was correct, but some things don't need the shit shaken out of them, just saying...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
Ryan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: S.G.F.D
Name: Ryan
Ryan07's Tacoma Gallery
No shake, I seen a thread somewhere before I did the install about the shake, so I thought this would be an easy and effective way to stop it. The part I used is a small steel flat bar and after attaching the top bolt to the angle, I forced the flat bar up/in so there was no play in the light bar and drilled the hole for the center post.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
RN

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
No shake, I seen a thread somewhere before I did the install about the shake, so I thought this would be an easy and effective way to stop it. The part I used is a small steel flat bar and after attaching the top bolt to the angle, I forced the flat bar up/in so there was no play in the light bar and drilled the hole for the center post.
I'm going to do this. Where'd you find that steel bar?