Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID ISSUE!!!! NEED HELP!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Common sense isn't very common!
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Port Dawgs
Name: Johnathan
CrazyCooter's Tacoma Gallery
HID ISSUE!!!! NEED HELP!!!

I bought a HID setup on here and then accidentally cracked one of the bulbs. So i found another kit on here so i could replace the last kit. The first kit came in an awesome wiring harness setup and was neat and easy to install and figure out and was 35W. The kit i got to replace it it not the same there are nowhere near the same amount of wires and it is not as easy to figure out how to install considering they are totally different. The second set is 55W. The first kit had a ground wire for each light, a power wire going to the battery with inline fuse attached and a connector that hooked up to the stock headlight wire harness. The second kit does not have the power wire for the battery, nor a ground for each light, or a connector for the stock harness. There are 2 male quick connects coming from each ballast and i have no idea where they go. Can someone please share their knowledge with me and help me out. Thanks. The first pic is the first setup and the second pic is the second setup i got.
Attached Thumbnails
HID ISSUE!!!!  NEED HELP!!!-photo-8.jpg   HID ISSUE!!!!  NEED HELP!!!-photo-6.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
I bought a HID setup on here and then accidentally cracked one of the bulbs. So i found another kit on here so i could replace the last kit. The first kit came in an awesome wiring harness setup and was neat and easy to install and figure out and was 35W. The kit i got to replace it it not the same there are nowhere near the same amount of wires and it is not as easy to figure out how to install considering they are totally different. The second set is 55W. The first kit had a ground wire for each light, a power wire going to the battery with inline fuse attached and a connector that hooked up to the stock headlight wire harness. The second kit does not have the power wire for the battery, nor a ground for each light, or a connector for the stock harness. There are 2 male quick connects coming from each ballast and i have no idea where they go. Can someone please share their knowledge with me and help me out. Thanks. The first pic is the first setup and the second pic is the second setup i got.

I'm pretty sure those male connector plug into you stock wire harness . I'll try and find the diagram .
Old 03-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
I'm pretty sure those male connector plug into you stock wire harness . I'll try and find the diagram .
thanks man i tried it but it didnt seem to work for me.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
That second kit is the fog lights not headlight
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
That second kit is the fog lights not headlight
i was afraid of that. So i guess i need to find a replacement bulb for my first set up and it seems like i now have a HID fog light kit. Thanks man.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
i was afraid of that. So i guess i need to find a replacement bulb for my first set up and it seems like i now have a HID fog light kit. Thanks man.
No problem .
I get all my stuff from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Old 03-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #10

Thanks for the help guys. so are yall for sure they are for fog lights. i pm'd the guy i bought them from and he is saying that he is pretty sure they are for the head lights. So i asked him how he them wired...
Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
Banned
Hii will become famous soon enough
Hii's Tacoma Gallery
Post a pic of the base of the bulb only. I will be able to tell you the bulb size for it and what it fits