Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

high beam issue

Old 03-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
high beam issue

So I just noticed this today after a decent rain.
My high beams are on constantly whether or not the switch is on.

They don't flip. Can't figure out whats going on.

They were working fine yesterday/last night.

Wondering if I should pull the HiDs and see if that fixes it, anyone have any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Banned
Hii will become famous soon enough
Hii's Tacoma Gallery
Try putting one of your stock bulbs in and see if the issue still exists
Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Tap some relays with the back of a screw driver.........that's my PC comment.

My un pc comment is, ditch the hids unless they are retrofitted
X2

It was awhile ago, but this happened to someone else that still had stock lights. He tapped the dimmer (?) relay in the underhood box with a screwdriver handle and it fixed it. Stuck relay contacts.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
I have had relays go bad and with the water in the air the water will get into the ballast, if they are cheep ones they will stay on or turn on randomly due to the poor seal. when its dry out take it all apart and dry/clean the connections then put it back together and make sure the connections are sealed and tight. after that i have no clue.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So last night I went to pull them out and the High Beam issue was gone, however today on the way to work its right back to where it was. Going to pull them out after work and see if this happens with the regular bulbs....

I know I should retro before HIDs but they're sooo pretty and not really blueeeee=P

DJMtuning HID kit, bad reviews with customer service but I haven't had many complaints about the kit.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
So last night I went to pull them out and the High Beam issue was gone, however today on the way to work its right back to where it was. Going to pull them out after work and see if this happens with the regular bulbs....

I know I should retro before HIDs but they're sooo pretty and not really blueeeee=P

DJMtuning HID kit, bad reviews with customer service but I haven't had many complaints about the kit.

Hids in reflectors are stupid ugly. Can't complain at you while youre driving