Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

55W H10 Fog Bulbs/Stock Harness OK?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Question 55W H10 Fog Bulbs/Stock Harness OK?

Been a while since I've posted. Ran a few different searches on TW and couldn't find a direct answer to this question...

OEM light burned out and I've been wanting to bring down the light to 2500k-3000k for inclement weather anyway. Will replacement 55W Nokya or Luminics bulbs melt the stock harness? Suggestions on how to accommodate the 55W or suggestions of another halogen bulb? I don't want to mess with the HID yet.

My memory of circuits class gets fuzzy past the warning bell of don't put a 55W bulb in a 45W circuit...I think I overshot the Ballmer Peak on that day of class.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Follow Up:

Been running stock harness for about 5 Months now. No issues.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post
Follow Up:

Been running stock harness for about 5 Months now. No issues.
lol, thanks for the update. The easiest way to tell is to calculate the amps with those two bulbs and see if the fuse on that circuit is rated for that load.
55w X 2 = 110 W divided by 12 (volt of your system) = 9.16 amps. as long as the fuse is rated higher than that you are good. NEVER put a higher rated fuse onto an existing circuit without upgrading the wires.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 55watts and I noticed they were burning the factory housing so I dont run them all the time and I went down to the 45 watt