1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

55W H10 Fog Bulbs/Stock Harness OK?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by redcbs, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mar 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    redcbs

redcbs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Off-Road AT
    Full 3" OME Lift, Sport Shocks with top plate spacers and 885 coils, Light Racing UCA, Sport shocks and Dakar leaf springs, Avid Light bar, Avid Step rails, Grillcraft grille with 70's Land Cruiser emblem, custom vinyl stickers, window tint, selective debadging, fog light anytime mod
    Been a while since I've posted. Ran a few different searches on TW and couldn't find a direct answer to this question...

OEM light burned out and I've been wanting to bring down the light to 2500k-3000k for inclement weather anyway. Will replacement 55W Nokya or Luminics bulbs melt the stock harness? Suggestions on how to accommodate the 55W or suggestions of another halogen bulb? I don't want to mess with the HID yet.

My memory of circuits class gets fuzzy past the warning bell of don't put a 55W bulb in a 45W circuit...I think I overshot the Ballmer Peak on that day of class. :D

2. Mar 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    redcbs

redcbs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 Off-Road AT
    Full 3" OME Lift, Sport Shocks with top plate spacers and 885 coils, Light Racing UCA, Sport shocks and Dakar leaf springs, Avid Light bar, Avid Step rails, Grillcraft grille with 70's Land Cruiser emblem, custom vinyl stickers, window tint, selective debadging, fog light anytime mod
    Follow Up:

Been running stock harness for about 5 Months now. No issues.

3. Mar 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    lol, thanks for the update. The easiest way to tell is to calculate the amps with those two bulbs and see if the fuse on that circuit is rated for that load.
    55w X 2 = 110 W divided by 12 (volt of your system) = 9.16 amps. as long as the fuse is rated higher than that you are good. NEVER put a higher rated fuse onto an existing circuit without upgrading the wires.

Products Discussed in

To Top