Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Are these lights any good??

Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
TRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMike66's Tacoma Gallery
Are these lights any good??

Click on Image to Enlarge

05-10 Toyota Tacoma Dual Halo LED & Eyebrows Black Projector Headlights Amber Reflector
Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
No.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^He know his lights!!!!!^^^^^
Old 03-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
TRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMike66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMike66's Tacoma Gallery
ok will do thank you! i will save my money and look at the retro fit that you stated from asian ants

or just regular black ones like these i like the look of being black out

Toyota Tacoma Spyder Black Housing Crystal Amber Headlights - HD-JH-TT05-AM-BK
Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
There's a group buy for TRS right now for 25% off. Were I you I would take advantage of that and just do it myself. Just research a lot and TRS has ridiculously good customer service if you have ANY question with install or what parts you need

Theretrofitsource.com

You can paint em black easily since you have to take em apart anyways.

The fx-r requite cutting etc and you seem to be money conscious from above statements so for you I would recommend one of the mini kits. I prefer the D2S but some will argue the H1 is better. PM me if you have questions about them

-Chaz
Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
StrmTpr08
Elite_Blues is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Elite_Blues's Tacoma Gallery
I had those when I first bought my Taco and liked the immediate change in style but over a year they just slowly but surely failed, then put my originals back in. If I had done the research back then, I would of never bought them.

I am back into looking for headlamps again and debating on just a black background JDM setup or doing the projector headlamps. That's were I'm torn on which to do. Worried the projectors will look weird which the larger circle outline without a eyelid on them.

Here's what they did look like.... These are my pics from a while ago, Need to update them with the new rims, tires and interior setup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7674126...7629720198171/
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Taco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
Taco227's Tacoma Gallery
I have those lights and they work fine! I like them
Old 04-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
NO!!!! Dont waste your money
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The point is, OP asked if they were any good, not if someone out there may have ever liked them. The answer to the question is that they are typically very low quality lights.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
they do add a different look to the truck. light out put is crap even with hids and even worse in the rain. i wasted money on two sets 1st set was the plain halogen. 2nd set i installed ddm hids and the cut off was really bad. i sold both pairs lost my ass when i sold them. i then bought oem 2010 headlight with ddm 5k 55w hids and there the cats meow imho.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #12

Installed slim cubby HIDs in a friends 01 a week ago, those were sick. I ended up deciding to commit on retrofits and he was complaining that his lights were dim, boy was he surprised when I "fixed" them for him definitely an upgrade
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Taco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to beholdTaco227 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
Taco227's Tacoma Gallery
I've had them for a year. I personally like the look and performance. However, I do have thoughts of putting HID in so I might as well go back to stock if I do. Wolfpack is making it sound like HID in the Halo LED lights aren't very good.

Oh and wolf pack...yea I fixed them. I found the adjustment screws.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
SHAKEnBAKE362 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
SHAKEnBAKE362's Tacoma Gallery

I got these and the look really good. only 100$. only problem is that now my normal lights are as high as my old brights. ppl flash their lights at me all the time because they think brights are on. but then i flash mine back and its like the sun is coming at them. iduno if its because of the housings or my stocks were just a faded yellow color which might have made them less harsh
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #15
SHAKEnBAKE362 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
SHAKEnBAKE362's Tacoma Gallery
how would i adjust them? its just a bolt on part. the same as the oem ones