Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Tail light problems

Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Tacogrande05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Tacogrande05's Tacoma Gallery
Tail light problems

so I tried to do a mod to put a back light in my 4x4 switch on my '05 tacoma, and I messed up. Didn't unhook the battery before I started the work, so I think I blew out a relay, problem is, I don't know how to identify the relay I need. My tail lights work, except when I put my headlights on, then the inside control panel lights for the ac and heating go out, along with my tail lights, thus I don't drive it at night. I tied my wiring for the light into the hot going to the AC switch, so it would make sense that it's this relay, cn anyone identify the relay I need, maybe part number?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked the parking light fuse in the interior fuse panel? It's behind the coin tray to the left of the steering wheel.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
If tails illuminate then go out when headlight is selected, then not the relay or fuse. (Off-tails-headlights & tailights) At tails - interior illumination is bright. At headlights & tailights - interior illumination dims.
(disconnect power @ battery)Undo what you did for the 4x4 switch illumination and verify correct function for all lights.
Could be that the ECU didn't like how ya wired it while it had juice. And/or the light stalk didn't either.