Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light wiring

Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Light wiring

I already have a set of hella 500 lights and a rocker switch by the fog light button/tab, but now I'm adding a rear dust light on the bed rail and need to add another switch.

Popped out the climate controls and removed the blank switch you see here, but I can't figure out how to send the wires through the back. Do I need to remove the center console?

Search- Yes I did that, couldn't find anything specific to this.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
a coat hanger will be ur freind. Tape the wires and run them. Im not certain, but i think you will be able to run it behind where the firwall meets the plastic.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
There is a a few guys here that put switches there. Search for switches installs.I think I would remove the heating cover that way you can see what your doing and have to worry about pinching wires and shorts. I like your reading material.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
There is a a few guys here that put switches there. Search for switches installs.I think I would remove the heating cover that way you can see what your doing and have to worry about pinching wires and shorts. I like your reading material.
OP if you look up the 4x4 illuminated switch install, it shows how to pop off the heating cover.

lol didnt even notice the reading material
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
The clothes hanger works great. It's what I used when running wires there.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
a coat hanger will be ur freind. Tape the wires and run them. Im not certain, but i think you will be able to run it behind where the firwall meets the plastic.
Great idea thanks! I'll try that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
I'll try that search... yes it is good reading material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
OP if you look up the 4x4 illuminated switch install, it shows how to pop off the heating cover.

lol didnt even notice the reading material
Good stuff, +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
Glad to see another TW member with a Bible in their Tacoma. KJV is a great translation, but prefer my NIV Study for my daily driver.
KJV is great, but I also read the NIV sometimes. KJV is hard to grasp at times, but I keep that compact version in my truck as it's small. Great reading right before going into work... so it's always there.. and for whenever I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
The clothes hanger works great. It's what I used when running wires there.
Hanger wire it is, thanks!