Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Different headlight bulbs?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Different headlight bulbs?

I'm wanting new headlight bulbs for my truck. (2nd gen) What are the best bright bulbs to get? Wanting a bright white with a little bit of blue look. Not wanting xenon or HIDs. Just a regular brighter bulb.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
JaimeSR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jaime
JaimeSR5's Tacoma Gallery
what lights are you running at the moment?

try silvania's if you want more of a stock look

I'm running an H.I.D. kit on my truck which would probably be better, if your willing to try that type of set, and there 6k's
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Try: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ight-bulb.html

HIDs are brighter but they don't help and sometimes make night driving worse when not projected.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As long as its brighter than stock bulbs and has a cool white look and will last long, it's what I want.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Aftermarket bulbs never last as long as stock.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Aftermarket bulbs never last as long as stock.
True. It's a hard decision. Idk if it's worth getting aftermarket or not. Hmmm
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
If you want something that is functional and not just color (as in, actually brighter), look into the Osram Rallye 70/65W bulb. They are awesome, but not really "white". The Philips Xtreme Power are supposed to be really good, stock wattage, and a little cheaper.

You can get bulbs that will outlast factory, but they are not as bright. I think the new "eco green" bulbs or whatever do this. The more you drive a filament, the less life you get out of it.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. (They're available for $45/pr from Amazon.)
Note that while the Intense Whites have a blue appearance when off, the light they throw is WHITE (not even the slightest hint of blue).

I've also heard good things about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, which are available for $30/pr from Amazon, and OSRAM Night-Breakers, available through Amazon for $34/pr.

Products Discussed in this Thread