Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

New LED light bar!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
laemmons is on a distinguished road

laemmons's Tacoma Gallery
New LED light bar!

So I finally got it. A rigid industries 20 inch e series light bar mounted behind a billet grille. This thing is awesome. A bit pricey at around $650 but awesome light output (around 8000 lumens) and will probably last longer than my truck. I had the KC off road lights but with my HID headlights it just didn't look right to me. I could have done the HID conversion for them but I really like the instant on feature that LEDs have and not having to heat up. Especially when going from low beam to high beam and vice versa. But very satisfied with the output and build quality of the light. I don't have any pics of it when its on because my camera doesn't do well at night but the color temperature matches up perfectly with the HID headlights.

Before with the KC's

After
Old 04-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
very nice many! i have thought about getting one my self when i get a satoshi.

i’m going to get one for are rhino but just a 10” E with spot and flood.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
very nice many! i have thought about getting one my self when i get a satoshi.

iím going to get one for are rhino but just a 10Ē E with spot and flood.
You can't go wrong with them. But that's what this one is, a spot/flood combo.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by laemmons View Post
You can't go wrong with them. But that's what this one is, a spot/flood combo.
no you canít. i was looking at lights for are rhino. and to get a good set of spot it was going to be almost the price of the rigid 10Ē spot and flood. than we wanted flood so for 2 spot and 2 flood it was going to be more $$$ and they wear not as bright.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
no you canít. i was looking at lights for are rhino. and to get a good set of spot it was going to be almost the price of the rigid 10Ē spot and flood. than we wanted flood so for 2 spot and 2 flood it was going to be more $$$ and they wear not as bright.
Yea that's the only prohibitive thing about these is that they are way pricier than standard lights or even HIDs but they're waterproof and will last 20+ years. Hopefully prices will start to creep down a little in the near future.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice ! Some night shots please....not to bash but ouch 650 i could have gotten me 3 of those. Again looks pretty sweet
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
Very nice ! Some night shots please....not to bash but ouch 650 i could have gotten me 3 of those. Again looks pretty sweet
I'm gonna try to get some good night shots but yea $650 was a lot but I just saved up and I don't regret it. I looked everywhere and that was the cheapest I could find this particular model. Build quality and output is excellent!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laemmons View Post
Yea that's the only prohibitive thing about these is that they are way pricier than standard lights or even HIDs but they're waterproof and will last 20+ years. Hopefully prices will start to creep down a little in the near future.
yeah. and they should in a few years i think. LEDís are still kinda new. i donít think 4 or 5 years ago they wear half what they are today.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a 20" rigid SR for 440 bucks.

I was just curious about aiming the thing. I guess off road lights are personal preference. I have the bar aimed right where my hi-beams are at the hottest spot.

What did you do?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
I picked up a 20" rigid SR for 440 bucks.

I was just curious about aiming the thing. I guess off road lights are personal preference. I have the bar aimed right where my hi-beams are at the hottest spot.

What did you do?
Yea I did see the SR series for that much. But thats basically pretty much what I did. Pointed it right where my high beams were. (Depending on how you mount it) mine is very easy to adjust. Just pop the grille out and losen the bolts on each end and viola!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
KC's = awsome, led bar = double freakin awsome dude.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcrazed View Post
KC's = awsome, led bar = double freakin awsome dude.
Thanks bud!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
teamCeltics
derekjames9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
derekjames9's Tacoma Gallery
where you got that at??
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjames9 View Post
where you got that at??
I can't remember which company I bought it from. Everyone was about the same price. Just found one with free shipping.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
hondarubiconowner is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
hondarubiconowner's Tacoma Gallery
how did you install and wire your bar? I just got a 20" from jasperoffroad and can't wait to get that thing in! My buddy and I are going to custom fab some mounting materials for my truck over spring break.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarubiconowner View Post
how did you install and wire your bar? I just got a 20" from jasperoffroad and can't wait to get that thing in! My buddy and I are going to custom fab some mounting materials for my truck over spring break.
I already had some halogen spotlights installed so the wiring was already there. It sits on a fabbed up piece of metal as the mount. Have a switched on the dashboard.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
Shoelace is on a distinguished road

Name: Trace
Shoelace's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions on this bar? Looks super sketchy but the price doesn't suck
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en
Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice,
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
Peter22124 is on a distinguished road
Peter22124's Tacoma Gallery
how difficult was it to install? did you put it in yourself? i just bought a 2014 Off Road.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter22124 View Post
how difficult was it to install? did you put it in yourself? i just bought a 2014 Off Road.
I just had it installed by a custom audio store. I think they installed it for like $75. That includes the metal bar they fabbed up for the mount.