Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

retro fits?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
jut619 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
jut619's Tacoma Gallery
retro fits?

was thinkin about changin up my headlights and gettin some retros. i wanna black out my head lights as well. could i see some pics of retros? and which ones they are? thanks guys
Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Theretrofitsource.com is a good place to start
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
jut619's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=101
are those the ones you bought?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Theretrofitsource.com is a good place to start
X2
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
jut619's Tacoma Gallery
so would i be purchasing a complete hid kit? or would i just buy the hid projector itself?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
You'll most likely need a whole kit. Unless you have various components for it lying around that happen to all work together I would call up theretrofitsource guys. They literally have the best customer service I've personally encountered. They won't rush you, try and take you for your money or make you feel dumb. If you're worried about both cutting and money I would suggest one if the mini kits. Both the H1 and the D2S are compatible with your truck. The H1 is reportedly brighter while the D2S has a more even distribution of light from what I know. Also, something very few take into consideration is that the H1 used the mini gatling gun shrouds or one other, both of which are relatively small and won't fill out the headlight as much as the other shrouds they offer. The D2S is compatible with more and bigger ones. Fx-r is better than both but unless you're a real light enthusiast I personally don't think it'll make or break your upgrade.
I got:
Denso Slim Ballasts
Philips bulbs 4300k
D2S projectors
Apollo shrouds
H4/9003 harness

Hope all this helps, lemme know if you have questions about temperature or anything
Old 04-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
VancouverTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
VancouverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I dont mean to thread jack but I have a couple questions of my own, and I dont want to start another thread about retro fits.

I have a 2008 sr5 and want to get some Morimoto mini h1's, but I'm not sure which relay and adapter and all that stuff to get. Also what is the difference between the Morimoto 3Five and the XB35 bulbs?