Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2012 grill light mount...OEM holes?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
2012 grill light mount...OEM holes?

This is a weird question and I should have taken a pic, but its too dark now, but is there OEM holes for lights behind the grill on the 2012 (maybe other years)?

I ask because I relocated my horns the other day getting ready for the day when I put my kragens behind the grill, when the 2012 grillcraft insert arrives......deep breath.... and I noticed when taking the grill off, that the two screw/bolts location that attaches the top of the grill surround to the engine bay / near hood prop rod has holes on the tabs.

What are these for? I didnt have my kragens handy to slap in there to see if they would fit, but I thought I would ask.

If the HIDs fit in that spot using the hole locations I mentioned...is there any drawback to that? Would it be strong enough?

I have never had a truck or cool parts to put in it, so I want to make sure I do it right. This isnt a "hey will me ghetto-trap version of a real thing work?" thread.

Thanks TW gurus

jeff
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is the pic i promised...been a busy weekend, grrr.

The holes are indicated by the arrow. Has anyone installed driving lights here?
Forgive me if its a stupid question. Im n00b level taco owner.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 grill light mount...OEM holes?-hid-holes2.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
just wondering if you did this? i am looking for a spot for my RI Duallys.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Policy Ninja

i did not. i dont think it would work. Wishful thinking on my part. If you have decent lights, its probably best to get a decent light bar that will hold it and not rattle.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Might work, but I would not trust it to hold them securely.
The grille is only snapped into place. The two bolts on top thread into plastic clips.

Make an angle bracket that attaches to the radiator support.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I also thought about it but figured the lights would shake a lot do to the plastic. I did this!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
I also thought about it but figured the lights would shake a lot do to the plastic. I did this!

Can you take a pic with the lights off? It is hard to see in the photo what you have done there.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have a pics no. They are attached to the BAMF light bar.