1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Floorboard LEDs Wiring routes

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Toddjt, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Apr 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    Toddjt

Toddjt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Red 05 Dblcab V6 Manual SR5
    bull bar and warn winch 2.5" spacer lift wheels and tires
    Hello TW.. just picked up some red LED floorboard lights (two light strips) from pep boys. they are prewired to a push button, but its one of those buttons that you have to hold down to keep the lights on.. it's not like a toggle switch where you can push it on or off. another thing is that the power source is a battery pack with those little circular batteries like are in watches.

Now, I am going to mount them under the glove box on the passenger side, and under the steering wheel on the driver's side to light up both floorboards. I had the idea that maybe I could wire them into my headlight switch so that they only come on when I have my headlights on, at night. If this isn't possible, I will put a different switch on the end (a toggle switch) and put it at one of the factory switch spots like beside the clutch-start cancel button. Either way, I am not sure what is the best route take to the switch location to hide the wires, especially from the passenger side light.

If anyone knows about this or has done this, please explain how to get it all hooked up so that the wires won't be visible, and that it will be easy to turn the lights on and off.

Thanks guys - Todd

P.S. if pictures are needed, I can snap a few real fast. Just let me know.

2. Apr 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    tango down

tango down Policy Ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    peoples republik of IL
    Vehicle:
    12 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road
    LED interior, rail mounted ammo cans
    look through Rapr's 8 page thread here about LEDs in cupholders and floorboards. its loaded with diagrams and info. It helped me big time.

Products Discussed in

To Top