LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Floorboard LEDs Wiring routes

Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Toddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Question Floorboard LEDs Wiring routes

Hello TW.. just picked up some red LED floorboard lights (two light strips) from pep boys. they are prewired to a push button, but its one of those buttons that you have to hold down to keep the lights on.. it's not like a toggle switch where you can push it on or off. another thing is that the power source is a battery pack with those little circular batteries like are in watches.

Now, I am going to mount them under the glove box on the passenger side, and under the steering wheel on the driver's side to light up both floorboards. I had the idea that maybe I could wire them into my headlight switch so that they only come on when I have my headlights on, at night. If this isn't possible, I will put a different switch on the end (a toggle switch) and put it at one of the factory switch spots like beside the clutch-start cancel button. Either way, I am not sure what is the best route take to the switch location to hide the wires, especially from the passenger side light.

If anyone knows about this or has done this, please explain how to get it all hooked up so that the wires won't be visible, and that it will be easy to turn the lights on and off.

Thanks guys - Todd

P.S. if pictures are needed, I can snap a few real fast. Just let me know.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
look through Rapr's 8 page thread here about LEDs in cupholders and floorboards. its loaded with diagrams and info. It helped me big time.