Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HELP!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!

Tail lights don't work (brake lights ok) Switches on dash as well as a/c cluster also not working. Speed, RPM are lighted as normal. Also when exiting vehicle headlights don't auto shut off as they used to. I checked all the fuses, any suggestions. Could it be a relay and if so which one. Trying to save a tripto the dealer.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Lighting gremlins HELP!

Tail lights don't work (brake lights ok) Switches on dash as well as a/c cluster also not working. Speed, RPM are lighted as normal. Also when exiting vehicle headlights don't auto shut off as they used to. I checked all the fuses, any suggestions. Could it be a relay and if so which one. Trying to save a tripto the dealer.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Got bad vibes on this one just checked the 10a fuse under the kick panel and found it all melted. Cant't even replace fuse as the receptacle is distorted. Probably need new fuse box at the least Dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Have a feeling dealer will somehow blame me. sick to my stomach over this. It seems to be getting progressively worse. Anyone experience something similar? and what was the outcome.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
I have never had the type of issue you are dealing with. But before you take it to the dealer, you may want to remove any aftermarket lighting from the truck.

Good luck
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
What aftermarket equipment do you have hooked up? Sounds like you have something hooked up directly to that circuit instead of thru the battery/relay that melted the wiring/block.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
nothing on that circuit. I suspect a short somewhere in the tail light system. I have feeling this is gonna cost me. Thanks
Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
nothing on that circuit. I suspect a short somewhere in the tail light system. I have feeling this is gonna cost me. Thanks
Not on that circuit but sounds like you have something hooked up pulling power that ultimately feeds the tail lamp/gauge lighting circuit that melted the wiring going into the fuse block.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have a warranty. Why on earth are you screwing with it, all you're going to do is give them a reason to not touch it.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Traded it in for a 2012 trd sport SB 4x4. Once you have electrical problems they are with you for life. got great price on new truck and good price on limping trade.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Traded it in for a 2012 trd sport SB 4x4. Once you have electrical problems they are with you for life. got great price on new truck and good price on limping trade.
Like that. Fuck a broken truck just pick up a new one

Haha nice new rig
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not bad.