LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Blitzpro's LEDs

Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Blitzpro's LEDs

I bought a pair of the LED Driving lights being sold by Trifenix to mount on my Victory. With 4 each 3w Cree LEDs, I was hopeful that these would perform as well as some of the newer flashlights now available. While the ad copy claims these are Euro pattern driving beams, it was pretty clear as soon as I lit them up that they're more along the lines of blue-white fog lights. There is no "throw" to speak of, other than a generalized area lighting, and certainly no cut-off at the upper side, which means there will be annoyed drivers in the oncoming lanes. While the Cree LEDs are a great light source, it appears that the reflector design still has a long way to go before they can be considered a viable halogen or HID replacement.
On the good side, the pricing is where I believe it should be for what they are. The light source is intense and nears painful levels when looking directly into the fixture. The color is a close match to my HID low beam (I'm guessing about 3700K). Build quality is very good for the price point, with a crinkle black finish applied to a reasonable gauge aluminum housing with cooling fins stamped in. All exposed bolts are much larger than on similar lights, with the main bolt appearing to be a 3/8"x16, making for a very solid connection and unlikey to move once they're torqued in.
In general, these will function well as DTRLs. On my bike, the pyramid of light resembles an oncoming train- certainly an attention getter for traffic entering my path.
On a bright day ride to the hill country here in Texas today, I had two cars pull over to the side when I came up behind them. I guess between the lights, and the white helmet with boom microphone, I was being mistaken for a cop.
Attached Thumbnails
Blitzpro's LEDs-2012-04-18_16-29-50_653.jpg   Blitzpro's LEDs-2012-04-18_16-30-37_862.jpg   Blitzpro's LEDs-2012-04-21_20-40-43_235.jpg   Blitzpro's LEDs-2012-04-21_20-40-55_1.jpg   Blitzpro's LEDs-2012-04-21_20-42-38_908.jpg