Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

thinking about getting these

Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about getting these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-Crys...ht_2058wt_1165

been wanting brighter bulbs for my truck, wondering if the 55/60w will be a problem (I know HID's with OE housings are supposed to be 35w) for the OE headlight housing.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-Crys...ht_2058wt_1165

been wanting brighter bulbs for my truck, wondering if the 55/60w will be a problem (I know HID's with OE housings are supposed to be 35w) for the OE headlight housing.
They are just standard halogens has nothing to do with hid.... So Yea they should work go for it!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudthedoor View Post
They are just standard halogens has nothing to do with hid.... So Yea they should work go for it!!!!
SWEETTT!!! thanks man
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the output of these is not going to matter like with HIDS but many people run 55w HIDs is just really inconsiderate if they arent aimed correctly
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
yeah the output of these is not going to matter like with HIDS but many people run 55w HIDs is just really inconsiderate if they arent aimed correctly
Hid fogs are where its at so they go off with low beam coming on
Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hid fogs are where its at so they go off with low beam coming on
What?

Fogs come ON with your low beams and turn off with the high beams unless you rewire them.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
Sconnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What?

Fogs come ON with your low beams and turn off with the high beams unless you rewire them.
Oh sorry to confuse I have Hella Fogs lol thats the 2 on the front of my truck and they are wired for high beam only my yota fogs are stock...
Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
Sconnie

Quote:
What?

I think it is funny how some ppl couldn't imagine something being different from what the have lol... but what ev's
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think it is funny how some ppl couldn't imagine something being different from what the have lol... but what ev's
It's not that, having the fogs come on with high beams and off with low beams completely defeats the purpose of fog lights. If it's foggy, you don't want your high beams on at all.

I've got 4 lights across my light bar wired the same as yours, they only come on with the high beams and the factory fogs still retain factory function.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Sconnie

Quote:
It's not that, having the fogs come on with high beams and off with low beams completely defeats the purpose of fog lights. If it's foggy, you don't want your high beams on at all.

I've got 4 lights across my light bar wired the same as yours, they only come on with the high beams and the factory fogs still retain factory function.
Lol ok got ya thought you were trying to flame me and I got defensive sorry! but yea I didnt touch the factory fogs for that reason 2
Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
Will I have to aim mine? I want bright but not obscene bright (was in a friends mazda and he has HID's, but for me, even being on the other side of the light beam, my eyes started to hurt. I hate his lights (just give me headaches, and can't begin to image the on coming traffics perspective).
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
Sconnie

Quote:
Will I have to aim mine? I want bright but not obscene bright (was in a friends mazda and he has HID's, but for me, even being on the other side of the light beam, my eyes started to hurt. I hate his lights (just give me headaches, and can't begin to image the on coming traffics perspective).
You shouldn't have to but a check is always good!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
These lights that you are looking at are not going to be so bright that you can't handle them. Halogen bulbs require a larger wattage input than a HID bulb to produce the same amount of output. Those won't really be all that much brighter than stock...
Old 04-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
These lights that you are looking at are not going to be so bright that you can't handle them. Halogen bulbs require a larger wattage input than a HID bulb to produce the same amount of output. Those won't really be all that much brighter than stock...
so the only way to go is get some HID's
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
Sconnie

Quote:
so the only way to go is get some HID's
if your bulbs are old tho these will be a great improvement
Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Philips Xtreme bulbs or PIAA bulbs. They both have a better pattern than stock so they seem like they're brighter from the driver's seat.

If you want the best, retrofit some projectors into your stock housings and light up 6 lanes of traffic without blinding oncoming traffic.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
No not necessarily. Just a higher wattage bulb would be fine.
hopefully, they look more yellow'ish than they used to.

Quote:
if your bulbs are old tho these will be a great improvement
these are the bulbs that came with the truck when I took it off the lot. haven't messed with them other than doing the parking light mod.

Quote:
Check out Philips Xtreme bulbs or PIAA bulbs. They both have a better pattern than stock so they seem like they're brighter from the driver's seat.

If you want the best, retrofit some projectors into your stock housings and light up 6 lanes of traffic without blinding oncoming traffic.
lol, would love to but on a budget. was the first thing that popped into my head but don't have funds for it at the moment. still need to finish up the interior work, then move to the suspension.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #20
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Osram Rallye 70/65W bulbs are the bees' knees when it comes to our trucks. 2000 lumens on high beam, proper light pattern for the housings (not silly HID PNP kits), and no retrofitting required. I believe the low beam is 1300 lumens, which is probably about 3-400 over stock. GREAT bulbs, work well with factory wiring!