Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

finished my FX-R Stage III

Old 04-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
finished my FX-R Stage III

just thought i'd share my retro build with TW. Did lots of reading and got a question answered by AsianAnts and pretty much just went with it, I'm pretty happy with my results.

FX-R Stage III kit
Morimoto 5five 50watt
Gatling shrouds
Inside CCFL angel eyes

started off with temps so i could take my time, was cheap and even blacked them out and resealed them before sticking them in.

first shot at the wall, got the height adjusted and adjusted one projector slightly.

getting detailed

bluesteel731, on Flickr
Old 04-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
nice work
Old 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Toy taco
Thanks!! Took about two weeks of slowly working away at it.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
how much did the finished product cost you if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
freaking sexy!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
A damn fine job sir!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Toy taco
I'd say around 480 which includes my second set of headlghts for temps. I bought the kit from a group buy so i saved there. I kinda overkilled on supplies. I wouldn't mind doing them again though, as i read in one of the thread for BHLM you get better as you go and taking my time gave me a better end results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
how much did the finished product cost you if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
looks great bud!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, looks sweet man. 4300k? Just needs the satoshi now

Cant wait to see them in person.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
Toy taco
thanks for answering my questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
GREAT INSTALL!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!
statoshi is coming, everything for it has been done except the grill portion. when did i pick up that grill from you? november? i got 5 different project for the tacoma right now so its a little slow going..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
Nice, looks sweet man. 4300k? Just needs the satoshi now

Cant wait to see them in person.
and thanks to everyone for the great feedback
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #13
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
fx-r's are such good projectors! Nice job!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #14
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel731 View Post
thanks for answering my questions!

statoshi is coming, everything for it has been done except the grill portion. when did i pick up that grill from you? november? i got 5 different project for the tacoma right now so its a little slow going..

and thanks to everyone for the great feedback
Ya the grill I think was in November. I'm the same way, been working on retrofiting some old fog lights with 9w LED's for reverse lights, along with the other 3-4 things I'm doing.

Could defientaly use some pointers about the BHLM, was thinking of using ebay lights but I think I'll just paint them.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
D A M N ! !

I'm jealous as hell. Those look amazing.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Only have one problem my dad won't let me use his oven or I would try this
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good!

The FX-R's are great projectors and going with the 4300 bulbs gives you such a nice light output!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
Is it June yet
jmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant future

Name: O.I.C.
jmast's Tacoma Gallery
waant
Old 05-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
Only have one problem my dad won't let me use his oven or I would try this
Then get some friends to let you use theirs! Shit, drive here and ill let you use mine